Limbaugh/Hannity Parent Co. Admits To Hiring Actors

The brainwashing propaganda machinery's truth's revealed......Fair and balanced????

opednews.com/articles/Limbaugh-Hannity-Parent-Co-by-Gustav-Wynn-110305-942.html

*But according to an online account, Premiere is hiring actors to fake on-air calls to radio shows who do not divulge the scam. Before being abruptly removed, their website read:

"Premiere On Call is our new custom caller service... We supply voice talent to take/make your on-air calls, improvise your scenes or deliver your scripts. Using our simple online booking tool, specify the kind of voice you need, and we'll get your the right person fast. Unless you request it, you won't hear that same voice again for at least two months, ensuring the authenticity of your programming for avid listeners".

As reported, once the actor "passed the audition, he would be invited periodically to call in to various talk shows and recite various scenarios that made for interesting radio." In addition, the source was specifically told there would be no on-air disclosure of the fabricated nature of the call. He subsequently landed the job, at $40 per hour and a minimum one hour of work per day......

...."Confidentially agreement: By requesting an audition you are also agreeing to keep the details of the audition and the type of work that you may perform confidential. This applies to information acquired while working for Premiere or any of its affiliates. Disclosure to any third party, sharing project information or publicizing what you do (including via social media) may be considered grounds for dismissal or further action."
"I was surprised that it seemed so open. There was really no pretense of covering it up", the actor told the TabletMag.com interviewer.

Surprise. Surprise. Surprise.
youtube.com/watch?v=J6_1Pw1xm9U

Someone needs to impersonate an intelligent caller.

Is anyone really surprised by this? The last thing uninformed idiot media entertainers want is for someone who actually knows what they are talking about to call in and educate them. Let me know the next time Rush is ranting on about immigration law for instance, and he takes a call from an immigration attorney, you know, someone who actually knows about our nation's immigration laws, practice, procedure, policy, and how it interplays with our economics, trade, technological development, education system, healthcare provision, and the other areas serviced by immigrant doctors, scientists, engineers, businessmen, investors, and other important occupations.

Much easier to take callers paid to make him look good.

Certinally, this sways the content. HOWEVER, I have called into my local conservitive talk radio...and gotten through twice.

Voice talents my be asking the questions Joe Smo is asking but without all the "umm's" and "likes"

You're fooling yourself if you think that these aren't used by every national media source today. You practically have to have level 3 goverment security clearance to get onto an NPR station, nevermind something like "Meet the Press" call in.

Ha.. Go figure.

[quote="SeaShoreGirl, post:4, topic:231531"]
Certinally, this sways the content. HOWEVER, I have called into my local conservitive talk radio...and gotten through twice.

Voice talents my be asking the questions Joe Smo is asking but without all the "umm's" and "likes"

You're fooling yourself if you think that these aren't used by every national media source today. You practically have to have level 3 goverment security clearance to get onto an NPR station, nevermind something like "Meet the Press" call in.

[/quote]

I got through to Hannity twice when he was still just in NYC....He hung up both times of course.

[quote="human_being, post:1, topic:231531"]
.... The brainwashing propaganda machinery's truth's revealed......Fair and balanced????

[/quote]

You could have had the subject of this post be: "Jesse Jackson/Randi Rhodes/Ryan Seacrest/Jim Rome parent co. admits to hiring actors.

Premier radio has a lot more content than you seem to realize. Check out their website to see a listing of all their hosts.

[quote="human_being, post:6, topic:231531"]
I got through to Hannity twice when he was still just in NYC....He hung up both times of course.

[/quote]

shrugs I've been on air....and it's a MAJOR New England station. You have to be preeeety bad for them to hang up. Remember, with all these FCC rules they have to watch their own hind ends. I did some radio show work in college and it's shocking the paramiters which you must stay in....almost totallitarian in some regards. Unless you carry the clout of someone like Imus, you are very limited.

[quote="Blacksword, post:3, topic:231531"]
... Much easier to take callers paid to make him look good.

[/quote]

It's much easier, and cheaper, to have your already-paid call screener only pick the callers the host wants. The national shows have plenty of people who want to call. There's no need to pay people to do what others will do for free. Clearly, this "service" would be directed to struggling shows or new shows that are trying to get established. The Limbaughs and Hannities of the world have no need for this.

[quote="salusanimarum17, post:9, topic:231531"]
It's much easier, and cheaper, to have your already-paid call screener only pick the callers the host wants. The national shows have plenty of people who want to call. There's no need to pay people to do what others will do for free. Clearly, this "service" would be directed to struggling shows or new shows that are trying to get established. The Limbaughs and Hannities of the world have no need for this.

[/quote]

What about TO keep the nutters off the air?

[quote="SeaShoreGirl, post:8, topic:231531"]
shrugs I've been on air....and it's a MAJOR New England station. You have to be preeeety bad for them to hang up. Remember, with all these FCC rules they have to watch their own hind ends. I did some radio show work in college and it's shocking the paramiters which you must stay in....almost totallitarian in some regards. Unless you carry the clout of someone like Imus, you are very limited.

[/quote]

All I did was stick to my guns....and as he kept repeating his mantra....i kept saying mine..he don;t like that...not good for brainwashing..

[quote="imbroglio, post:2, topic:231531"]
Someone needs to impersonate an intelligent caller.

[/quote]

Let's start with more intelligent posters. :rolleyes:

[quote="Blacksword, post:3, topic:231531"]
Is anyone really surprised by this? The last thing uninformed idiot media entertainers want is for someone who actually knows what they are talking about to call in and educate them. Let me know the next time Rush is ranting on about immigration law for instance, and he takes a call from an immigration attorney, you know, someone who actually knows about our nation's immigration laws, practice, procedure, policy, and how it interplays with our economics, trade, technological development, education system, healthcare provision, and the other areas serviced by immigrant doctors, scientists, engineers, businessmen, investors, and other important occupations.

Much easier to take callers paid to make him look good.

[/quote]

I love it. Rush Limbaugh has been on the air for 25 years, has the largest broadcast audience of its kind by far, and makes $25 million a year.....not bad for an idiot. All you got is a half dozen posters on a narrow scope website who will forget what you post by tomorrow morning, and you did it for free. Ponder that. And I don't even like Limbaugh that much, but one thing he is not is an idiot.

[quote="human_being, post:1, topic:231531"]
The brainwashing propaganda machinery's truth's revealed......Fair and balanced????

opednews.com/articles/Limbaugh-Hannity-Parent-Co-by-Gustav-Wynn-110305-942.html

*But according to an online account, Premiere is hiring actors to fake on-air calls to radio shows who do not divulge the scam. Before being abruptly removed, their website read:

"Premiere On Call is our new custom caller service... We supply voice talent to take/make your on-air calls, improvise your scenes or deliver your scripts. Using our simple online booking tool, specify the kind of voice you need, and we'll get your the right person fast. Unless you request it, you won't hear that same voice again for at least two months, ensuring the authenticity of your programming for avid listeners".

As reported, once the actor "passed the audition, he would be invited periodically to call in to various talk shows and recite various scenarios that made for interesting radio." In addition, the source was specifically told there would be no on-air disclosure of the fabricated nature of the call. He subsequently landed the job, at $40 per hour and a minimum one hour of work per day......

...."Confidentially agreement: By requesting an audition you are also agreeing to keep the details of the audition and the type of work that you may perform confidential. This applies to information acquired while working for Premiere or any of its affiliates. Disclosure to any third party, sharing project information or publicizing what you do (including via social media) may be considered grounds for dismissal or further action."
"I was surprised that it seemed so open. There was really no pretense of covering it up", the actor told the TabletMag.com interviewer.

youtube.com/watch?v=J6_1Pw1xm9U

[/quote]

This only further lessens the credibility of both of these radio commentators, although I've always felt that Limbaugh was more of a comedian then commentator and I've never taken him seriously.

They both cater to those American Conservatives who need to "feel good" about themselves by feeding them half-truths and outright lies. I am assuming that by hiring these-so-called actors, they obviously have difficulty in having regular people call into the shows that are able to have intelligent conversation. Guess it speaks in droves as to the type of audience they attract.

I travel extensively. I always try to listen to Catholic radio. I am very conservative, and yet can barely listen to Rush or Hannity. Also, I do not listen to any of the national media outlets either (ABC, CNN, CBS, NPR), as they are so far left that they are intolerable to listen too. So if you want the truth listen to Catholic Radio.

Go with Gods Grace!!!

[quote="gamewell45, post:14, topic:231531"]
This only further lessens the credibility of both of these radio commentators, although I've always felt that Limbaugh was more of a comedian then commentator and I've never taken him seriously.

They both cater to those American Conservatives who need to "feel good" about themselves by feeding them half-truths and outright lies. I am assuming that by hiring these-so-called actors, they obviously have difficulty in having regular people call into the shows that are able to have intelligent conversation. Guess it speaks in droves as to the type of audience they attract.

[/quote]

You could also say this about Randi Roads and Jesse Jackson, both are with Premier:

"This only further lessens the credibility of both of these radio commentators, although I've always felt that Randi Roads was more of a comedian then commentator and I've never taken her seriously.

They both cater to those American Liberals who need to "feel good" about themselves by feeding them half-truths and outright lies. I am assuming that by hiring these-so-called actors, they obviously have difficulty in having regular people call into the shows that are able to have intelligent conversation. Guess it speaks in droves as to the type of audience they attract."

Premier does the Art Bell show too. Do you mean to tell me that the guy calling to tell about his alien abduction might be an actor? Or the guy calling into the Jesse Jackson show? Or the Randi Rhoads show?

Just trying to be fair....

Ishii

[quote="steve711, post:15, topic:231531"]
I travel extensively. I always try to listen to Catholic radio. I am very conservative, and yet can barely listen to Rush or Hannity. Also, I do not listen to any of the national media outlets either (ABC, CNN, CBS, NPR), as they are so far left that they are intolerable to listen too. So if you want the truth listen to Catholic Radio.

Go with Gods Grace!!!

[/quote]

Yep another reason I have satellite radio it has ETWN Radio and the Catholic Channel. I haven’t listened to terrestrial radio in years.

I've been had! On the road, and in a lot of places, there's nothing on the radio but talk people and country and western and/or hillbilly music. On a fairly long trip once, I tried calling Limbaugh, not believing i could ever get through, but I did, and got on the air. But I didn't get a check. (sigh)

What’s funny is listening to C-Span every morning and you always get someone calling in on the Republican line usually saying, “I’ve been a Republican all my life but no longer…” Then they spew nothing but DNC or far left liberal talking points. :rolleyes:

Well, they sure didn't do much to help Air America!!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.