Linage of Mohammed

It is often noted that Mohammed is a descendent of Abraham and follows the same faith as Abraham. Every generation from Adam through Abraham had a relationship with the One True God. Every subsequent generation from Abraham’s son Isaac also has a relationship with the One True God. The linage of Jesus only includes those with a relationship with the One True God going all the way back to Adam.

Until Mohammed the descendents of Ishmael seemed to fall from monotheism and became polytheist. Every prophet of God was a descendent of only monotheist, yet Mohammed claims to be the last and greatest prophet of God while his linage includes twenty-three (assuming Ishmael retained the faith of his father) generations of pagans. The linage of Mohammed includes more polytheist than monotheist. This is terribly inconsistent with the linage of every prophet of God and I am curious as to how Muslims explain this inconsistency aside from simply stating it is the will of God.

Thanks.

Good question George. My bet is that they can’t explain it.

I personally dont think that it matters if they try to “prove” it.
What does it prove? That he was a real prophet? I think one needs a bit more to establish themselves as a prophet - and the way to do it is this:

Why was there even a NEED for another prophet after Christ Jesus?
There was not.
Therefore, there have been NO prophets since Christ Jesus.
Only false prophets.
Simple as that.

I agree Damascus, there was no need and there have not been any true prophets after Jesus, however there are well over a million people who do not agree with us and I am curious as how they reconcile the inconsistency in their own minds.

Indeed. In fact, Christ warned us of this kind of thing.

Well,

Faith is not inherited. God Guides to his obedience and faith whomever he wishes.

I guess this is a rule that i hvent heared of before.

Second

What about Abraham the Patriarch , father of all prophets. His father was a staunch idol worshipper. He was even an idol Manufacturer himself ?!

thanks

I think the holly ghost guided Paul to say this aobut Islam

Galatians
Chapter 1

But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach (to you) a gospel other than the one that we preached to you, let that one be accursed!

As we have said before, and now I say again, if anyone preaches to you a gospel other than the one that you received, let that one be accursed!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.