Lindsay Lohan Poses As Jesus

catholicleague.com/release.php?id=1770

LINDSAY LOHAN POSES AS JESUS

February 10, 2010

Actress Lindsay Lohan is featured on the cover of the latest edition of the French fashion magazine, Purple, wearing a low-neck white outfit with her hands outstretched and a crown of thorns on her head. Catholic League president Bill Donohue had this to say about it:

Not only is the pose inappropriate, the timing is offensive: Lent begins next week.

Lohan, an ex-Catholic who is spiritually homeless, recently said, “I’m all about Karma…what goes around comes around.” If she believes that, then it behooves her to apologize to Christians before it’s too late.

Looks like Tiger Woods is not the only celebrity who would benefit by converting to Christianity these days. Forgiveness occupies a central place in Christianity, but the predicate to forgiveness is repentance.

Copyright © 1997-2010 by Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights.
*Material from this website may be reprinted and disseminated with accompanying attribution.

**“I’m all about Karma…what goes around comes around.”

If someone honestly believes in Karma, they are truly screwed! We are all so weak & flawed, if there was Karma, then we would be obliterated by our own pitiful existence!
Lindsay really needs to take a break & think about that one!

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

mark

May God have mercy on her soul and bring her a full conversion. :signofcross:

SAY WHAAAAAT!!!! :eek:

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/4867/1260849909716s.jpg

Is it possible that karma corresponds to the Christian idea that 'we reap what we sow'? Both are the idea that our morality is paid back to us in time. I am not sure if Lindsay actually knows much about either Catholic or Buddhist theology, but either way, I feel sorry for her.

Check out this article by Fr James Martin, SJ in America:

[FONT=Georgia][size=3]. . . . .

My take on the Purple cover is that it is a naked (almost) grab for publicity by the magazine and the star, which trades on images that are dear to Christians. And really, does Lindsay Lohan want to be compared to Jesus? In that case, let’s take a look at how their records stack up. Consider:

Linday made her debut as a child prodigy at age 11 in “The Parent Trap.” Jesus made his debut at age 12 in the Temple when his parents were looking for him.

Lindsay starred in “Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen.” Jesus instituted the Sacrament of Confession, and is the King of Kings.

Lindsay is followed by crowds of paparazzi who hang on her every move. Jesus was followed by crowds of people who hung on his every word.

. . . .
[/size][/FONT]

I feel sorry for her too. She comes across as more lost than edgy. Maybe it’s the dad in me. I hope she’ll turn it around. She was cute as a button in the re-make of The Parent Trap.

Great link didymus! Thanks for sharing

This comes across as so desperate. I feel sorry for her, and I will pray for her. She is an adult but probably doesn’t have an adult mind. I suspect she is doing this out of immaturity and doesn’t fully understand how she is offending our savior…as opposed to the photographer or people at the magazine who may be more calculated. I think the media tries to put themselves up on the cross with Jesus to elevate themselves because of some strange messiah complex so many entertainers have. There is so much Christian imagery used by celebs in magazines, music videos etc…it is almost a fixation with something they claim to reject. You don’t see Catholic apologists dressing up like Shiva on the cover of This Rock.

Karma doesn’t live much room for grace, and without God’s grace I would be a pitiful person.

[quote="MercyMia, post:10, topic:186336"]

Karma doesn't live much room for grace, and without God's grace I would be a pitiful person.

[/quote]

Not to mention, Karma is a piece of junk and a lie. I'd like to ask anyone who totes "Karma" as their mantra, what did a baby do so bad that they deserved cancer or need an organ transplant? Or is it that Karma only applies to adults?

this is the latest scandal i would never have heard of if not for Bill Donohue and the Catholic League. i know it’s a little cynical, but my personal belief is that he does more harm than good. i think he is the best source of free publicity for anyone who wants to to stir up a little controversy with anything that might conceivably pertain to Catholics. i’m sure his intentions are good though.

Three words: What a dope.

This is really desperate and certaintly NOT edgy. What would be truly edgy is a celebrity NOT mocking Christ and His followers, that would be groundbreaking. :rolleyes:

Haha good one I totally agree ^^

While I think what she did is horrible and very offensive, I think we should take all the energy we use making fun of her to pray for her conversion.

Surely that kind of thing causes doubt in any religion, though. What did a baby do so bad that an all-powerful God would let it suffer that?

And you think Lohan should apologise to Christians for insulting them, what about all the Hindus, Sikhs and Buddhists you insult by saying one of their philosophies is a piece of junk? Your religion is not the only one.

[quote="Lethe, post:17, topic:186336"]
Surely that kind of thing causes doubt in any religion, though. What did a baby do so bad that an all-powerful God would let it suffer that?

And you think Lohan should apologise to Christians for insulting them, what about all the Hindus, Sikhs and Buddhists you insult by saying one of their philosophies is a piece of junk? Your religion is not the only one.

[/quote]

Other religions recognize suffering and understand that sometimes bad things happen for no reason. The theory of Karma is such that it doesn't seem to apply to the infant needing a heart transplant, or the four year old going through cancer. Christians do not deny that suffering exists sometimes through no ones fault.

what is she thinking…is she nuts…i think she needs jesus…poor girl i think she don’t know what else to do anymore…:shrug:

database designer

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.