List of mortal sins for confession

I have had a lot of bad mortal sins over the few weeks and have been able to make it to confession until, Lord willing, this Thursday. I have a really long list of mortal sins, and I’m trying to simplify it, but it’s difficult. Can everyone please pray that I can simplify this list in time for my next confession?

Write them down? In one word format so you can remember them.

Prayed for your intention. God bless you.

Prayer for a Good Confession

O my God, help me to make a good confession. Mary, my dearest Mother, pray
to Jesus for me. May He help me to examine my conscience and to obtain true
sorrow for my sins. Holy Spirit, light of our souls, You enlighten every person in
this world. Likewise, please inspire my conscience and my heart. Help me see
all that is displeasing to God. With Your help, may I expiate these sins by humble
confession, true contrition, and sincere repentance. We ask all this in the name
of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit –– one God forever and ever. Amen.

Hail Mary
Full of grace
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou amongst women, and
blessed is the fruit of Thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary
Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of death,
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

I have made a lot of progress, but I still have someways more to go. I’m on my last day, and I struggling with distractions.

Please pray that I get this simplification done in time so i can make it to confession tomorrow and I confess my sins.

Use the 10 commandments.

http://www.usccb.org/prayer-and-worship/sacraments-and-sacramentals/penance/upload/Examination-of-Conscience.pdf

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.