Little girls wearing provocative outfits and dancing very sexually to Beyonce's Single Ladies!

One word: DISGUSTING!

What in the world is happening to our society?? That even little girls are being told to sell sexuality! I am just disgusted by this!

Little girls, my gosh!

Your thoughts on this?

Here is the link to the video. I warn you, it really is just disturbing watching this.

news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978235336

To be honest, I’m kind of torn on this.

If you think about it, these kids would be wearing something this skimpy at the public pool or at the beach. You very rarely ever seen anyone, let alone a small child in a one piece bathing suit these days. Which is a shame really, because I think they can be quite attractive at times.

If that same choreography were used with a different song, I don’t think this would be an issue either. The song itself is a little too suggestive.

Ultimately, where are the parents in the decision making process, and why aren’t they doing something about it.

I for one, as a teenage Catholic, am completely disappointed in the lack of authority the parents have over their own children. the sins of the parents will be placed on the shoulders of the children. Oh how many parents would begin acting more vigilant around their children if they could only count the number of tears Our Lady sheds for us!!:bighanky:

PARENTS, OPEN YOUR EYES!! IF YOU SPARE THE ROD, YOU SPOIL THE CHILDREN!!

This was a dance competition and wow those kids were talented.
I would have liked to see more contestents and see what they brought to the competition. Not sure I see a difference between this and young girls in cheerleading competitions. Not sure if I had a daughter that I would let her do either, but ultimately it's up to the parents. Children in any type of "show business", whether it's acting, modeling or dancing, ect, are terribly exploited. Frankly, I don't see a difference at all in the number those girls did and a casting as snow white, if the end effect is going to turn them into boy toys anyway. No matter what they wear, or what they dance to, they need to be protected from the harsh reality that comes with this type of lifestyle, or not participate in it at all.

That's not to say that all and everyone is abused in the 'glamour' industry, but the reality is, the majority of them are.

That video is an example of the type of dances that were typical at my daughter's old dance school and exactly why she's not in dance any more. She felt uncomfortable and I was mortified. There certainly are dance schools that are more modest, but you have to search for them. I think its such a dangerous, slippery slope once you continue to let your child participate in this kind of competition or activity. At what point do you try to teach them modesty when you have basically already put your stamp of approval on this kind of inappropriate behavior? Then again, there were a lot of parents at the old dance school who thought it was "cute" and "its just a competition". But I saw it as anything but. Its hard enough combating the daily onslaught of sexual innuendos in advertising and whatnot that are geared towards kids, I didn't want to be an active participant contributing to all that.

[quote="callmeChris, post:3, topic:198398"]
I for one, as a teenage Catholic, am completely disappointed in the lack of authority the parents have over their own children. the sins of the parents will be placed on the shoulders of the children. Oh how many parents would begin acting more vigilant around their children if they could only count the number of tears Our Lady sheds for us!!:bighanky:

PARENTS, OPEN YOUR EYES!! IF YOU SPARE THE ROD, YOU SPOIL THE CHILDREN!!

[/quote]

Though I have not had the chance to see the video in question (the site is blocked by my firewall at work :)) I agree with you.

I saw Miley Cyrus' new video "I can't be tamed" and I was not surprised but disgusted nontheless. She is scantily clad and acting sexually in this video. Since she was 14 yo pictures she shot of herself have been making the rounds on the internet of her skimpily clad with a sexually suggestive look on her face.

She has been seen and photographed giving her gay producer a lap dance Earlier this year. And what with the nude photo of her on the cover of a magazine. All the while she is touted as a tween idol and icon of adolescents.

This all falls clearly in line with the globalists agenda of free sex and the destruction of the innocense of the child. Just recently Planned parenthood release printed material during a girl guide forum hosted by the UN. The material was to "educacte" adolescents on how to explore their bodies and sexuality. Even urging them to use toys and masturbate.

Don't even gete me started with the negative subliminals oozing out of Beyonce's music and videos. :(

Yeah, that video is part of our contemporary culture’s sexualization of children.

And I agree that as an example of that, it’s disgusting. Our society’s idiotic sexual standards can’t comprehend anything that’s non-sexual, so they often portray pre-pubescent children in more sexually mature ways. Pathetic.

And it’s not just about being provocative, either. I saw an ice cream commercial once which portrayed a seven-year old girl getting ice cream with her mother. She sees a boy her age at the ice cream place, and bats her eyelashes flirtatious at him, waves at him, etc. Her mother is about to pay, the little girl tells her to just wait, and the little boy pays for her, and she reacts quite smugly - see? I told you we wouldn’t have to pay!

Now, there’s nothing wrong with such flirting, but it doesn’t happen between seven-year-olds. I’m disturbed at the brains of whoever thought such a commercial would be cute or funny.

I see this video in the same light: plus, as they pointed out, those little girls are wearing less than Beyonce and her dancers in the actual music video!

Have you guys ever heard of/or seen that show with the little girls that are made into beauty queens in some pageants and stuff? The previews just scared me so badly that I never saw the actual shows, the girls look like they’re 5 years going on 30.

Wow. Those little girls are incredibly talented. How incredible cruel for their parents and dance instructors to put them on a path of being objectified at such a young age. I’m sure there’s a pedophile out there somewhere happy to be watching that.

The sexualization of young girls is unfortunately not new. It has been going on for years (decades?) in beauty competitions. Since that went unchallenged, it was inevitable that it would spread to other types of competitions.

I’m afraid that I have to disagree that that choreography would have been appropriate for children that age, regardless of what they were wearing or dancing to. The girls are being taught to use their sexuality, which hasn’t even budded yet physically, to get what they want. That is a lesson that they would be better off never learning. But in this case it’s much worse, because their first experience of themselves as sexual beings is an experience completely devoid of love and dignity. Their first lesson about sex is completely divorced from romance or love or anything good. It is all about being competetive and displaying your body for strangers.

Quite possibly, the children don’t even understand the sexual aspect yet, but they will (probably pretty soon), and they will later realize that their behavior was “sexy,” and they will learn that that is what their bodies are for.

It doesn’t become more acceptable because it’s happening more and more often. If 6-year-old cheerleaders are doing it too, it is wrong there, too.

It is presumably the parents’ choice (more than the choice of the girls at that age I imagine), but who is educating the parents about what they are doing to their children? It would be disgusting (and enraging) to me to see a 6-year-old daughter of mine doing that, but frankly, I can’t understand how ANY father allows it. My father would have run up on the stage with a coat to cover me up, and God bless him for it!

–Jen

Pop culture is a cesspool of immoral and sinful behavior. If I had children I would keep them far away from it.

I don’t think it’s a lack of vigilance in this case. I doubt a bunch of little girls got together and did their own choreography and bought their own outfits.

The grown-ups involved here showed an incredible lack of judgment.

What’s wrong with classical ballet with tutus? Swan lake? Couldn’t little girls develop dancing talent in a more appropriate manner?

That video is a pedophiles dream, it is very sad that the parents obviously see nothing wrong in letting their little seven year olds dance and wear scimpy out fits like that:(

Can somebody give me the names of the **IDIOTS **who let their daughters dress like this...?

I weep for the next generation... AND IM 16!!! Lord have mercy on us:signofcross:

Dance competition? I thought it was a try out for PeeWee league strippers! :eek:

Okay, if those were 13-year olds, that’d be one thing but 6-7? :ehh:
Aren’t kids like that still supposed to be in the Dora the Explorer stage and watching Barney? The choreography was good, seriously, but whoever had this idea should’ve waited another six years. This is just crossing the line.

Frankly, even for 13-year-olds I feel it would be inappropriate. But for 6-year-olds, it’s disgusting.

No, nobody should ever be watching Barney. :nope: :smiley:

–Jen

[quote="revert_jen, post:17, topic:198398"]
Frankly, even for 13-year-olds I feel it would be inappropriate. But for 6-year-olds, it's disgusting.

No, nobody should ever be watching Barney. :nope: :D

--Jen

[/quote]

Oh, I LOVED when my kids watched Barney!

[quote="revert_jen, post:17, topic:198398"]
Frankly, even for 13-year-olds I feel it would be inappropriate. But for 6-year-olds, it's disgusting.

No, nobody should ever be watching Barney. :nope: :D

--Jen

[/quote]

I also agree! It is disgusing for kids and teenagers doing this. But what do you mean that kids shouldn't be watching Barney?

The Barney part is obviously joke. However, thinking about it. I wouldn’t be so harsh to condemn people using teenagers as to kids. At least teenagers are bound to know about certain things once they hit puberty. Besides, you can’t keep telling them that babies come from storks if you know what I mean.

Kids on the other hand, are obviously still a far cry to even try to understand that sort of thing. Whoever had these girls deserves a huge smack in the head with an anvil. -.-

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.