Little Portions of the Divine Office (Liturgy of the Hours) for Today - January 11

:signofcross:
Little Portions of the
Divine Office for Today

"As the Prophet saith: ‘Seven times a day I have given praise to Thee’ (Psalm 118[119]:164), this sacred sevenfold number will be fulfilled by us in this wise if we perform the duties of our service at the time of Lauds, Prime, Terce, Sext, None, Vespers, and Compline because it was of these day hours that he hath said: “Seven times a day I have given praise to Thee” (Ps 118[119]:164). For the same Prophet saith of the night watches: *“At midnight I arose to confess to Thee” (Ps 118[119]:62)."
[RIGHT]
- The Holy Rule of St. Benedict
Chapter 16 ***[/RIGHT]

**Invitatory Psalm Antiphon **

**Let us come before the Lord
and proclaim our thanks.

Morning :gopray2: Prayer (Lauds)
O God, incline unto mine aid.
O Lord, make haste to help me.
- Psalm 69:2
Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.

First Hour :gopray2: Prayer (Prime) **
world without end.
Amen.

:coffeeread: **Mid-Morning Reading (Terce) **
8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another. For he that loveth his neighbour, hath fulfilled the law. … 10 The love of our neighbour worketh no evil. Love therefore is the fulfilling of the law. Romans 13:8,10 drv

:coffeeread: **Noon Reading (Sext) **
19 You know, my dearest brethren. And let every man be swift to hear, but slow to speak, and slow to anger. 20 For the anger of man worketh not the justice of God. … 26 And if any man think himself to be religious, not bridling his tongue, but deceiving his own heart, this man’s religion is vain. James 1:19-20,26 drv

:coffeeread: **Afternoon Reading (None) **
17 And if you invoke as Father him who, without respect of persons, judgeth according to every one’s work: converse in fear during the time of your sojourning here. 18 Knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things as gold or silver, from your vain conversation of the tradition of your fathers: 19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb unspotted and undefiled, - I Peter 1:17-19 drv

Evening :gopray2: Prayer (Vespers)
world without end.
Amen.

Night :gopray2: Prayer (Compline) **
world without end.
Amen.

Link to Divine Office Online: universalis.com/20090819/today.htm
[RIGHT]. . . all for Jesus+
. . . thank you Holy Mother Church+
. . . thank you Blessed Holy St. Benedict+
Praise be the Lord Jesus Christ!
[/RIGHT]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.