Little Portions of the Divine Office (Liturgy of the Hours) for Today - January 12

*:signofcross:
Little Portions of the
Divine Office for Today

"As the Prophet saith: 'Seven times a day I have given praise to Thee' (Psalm 118[119]:164), this sacred sevenfold number will be fulfilled by us in this wise if we perform the duties of our service at the time of Lauds, Prime, Terce, Sext, None, Vespers, and Compline because it was of these day hours that he hath said: "Seven times a day I have given praise to Thee" (Ps 118[119]:164). For the same Prophet saith of the night watches: "At midnight I arose to confess to Thee" **(Ps 118[119]:62)."
[RIGHT]
*- The Holy Rule of St. Benedict

Chapter 16 ***[/RIGHT]

*Invitatory Psalm Antiphon *
**Come, let us worship the Lord,

the great King.******

Morning :gopray2: Prayer (Lauds)
O God, incline unto mine aid.
O Lord, make haste to help me.
- Psalm 69:2
Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end.

Amen.

First Hour :gopray2: Prayer (Prime) **
world without end.

Amen.

:coffeeread: Mid-Morning Reading (Terce) **
7 Blessed be the man that trusteth in the **Lord
, and the Lord shall be his confidence. 8 And he shall be as a tree that is planted by the waters, that spreadeth out its roots towards** moisture*: and it shall not fear when the heat cometh. And the leaf thereof shall be green, and in the time of drought it shall not be solicitous, neither shall it cease at any time to bring forth fruit. *- Jeremiah 17:7-8**

:coffeeread: Noon Reading (Sext) **
13 Blessed is the man that findeth wisdom and is rich in prudence: 14 The purchasing thereof is better than the merchandise of silver, and her fruit than the chiefest and purest gold: 15 She is more precious than all riches: and all the things that are desired, are not to be compared with her. ***- Proverbs 3:13-15 drv

:coffeeread: Afternoon Reading (None) **
17 Blessed is the man whom **God
correcteth: refuse not therefore the chastising of the Lord: 18 For he **woundeth, and cureth: he striketh, and **his hands shall heal. - Job 5:17-18 drv

Evening :gopray2: Prayer (Vespers)
world without end.

Amen.

Night :gopray2: Prayer (Compline) **
world without end.

Amen.

Link to Divine Office Online: universalis.com/20090819/today.htm
[RIGHT]. . . all for Jesus+
. . . thank you Holy Mother Church+
. . . thank you Blessed Holy St. Benedict+
**Praise be the Lord Jesus Christ!
**[/RIGHT]

One should also note that Psalm 24 is part of Morning Prayer. However, those who use Psalm 24 as their Invitatory Psalm need to substitute Psalm 95 for 24.:coffeeread:

+Hi BVM 1221 . . . as always . . . your knowledgable notes are really a blessing . . . thanks much!
[RIGHT]. . . all for *
Jesus*+[/RIGHT]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.