Little things your husband does . .

What sorts of little things does your husband do that you appreciate?

I had to point out nicely to mine that he opens doors and walks in right in front of me. Now he opens doors. :thumbsup:

Recently I said it would make me happy if he’d let me order first at restaurants. Normally as soon as the server asks, he jumps right in with his order. He acted like it was an unusual request. :shrug:

Just curious what other men do for their wives.

And men, did your dad teach you to do these things? Did you observe other men doing them? Did your wife ask? Wondering how men know to do these nice things.

My husband opens doors for me, and lets me order first.... That last thing I totally took for granted until you said something. :blush: I'll have to thank him for that!!

My husband cooks. He fills the dishwasher. He takes out the trash, and always makes sure the bin is out for collection. He touches the small of my back or kisses me in passing (something I asked him to do, since when he was growing up, he didn't witness affection between his parents). He is perceptive to my moods, and always asks me what's wrong if I'm feeling down, or tired, or hungry. He doesn't complain about the house being a mess, because he knows it bothers me, too (I just had a baby in July). He makes jokes with me, and says that he's glad I "get" him and his humor.

And once in awhile, he'll tell me I'm pretty, beautiful, or sexy. :love:

My husband always opens doors for me...even the car door! :) And lets me order first too! I also took that for granted, so thanks for the reminder.

My husband will do anything around the house, or anything, that I ask of him. Without complaint. He cleans the bathroom for me, he'll do dishes or vacuum (even if it is my job! :o). He lets me sleep in and most importantly, he'll lay in bed with me even though it goes against all of his natural inclinations. Or go to bed early with me! :D He's an amazing husband!

My husband opens doors for me and also orders for me when we eat out, a nice polite boy from the Midwest!

He makes me coffee in the morning and makes sure my favorite mug is always clean and ready. He'll do the grocery shopping without me asking him to, and even bring back my favorite snack when he does go. When he's away on business, he calls me every night and sends me texts during the day just to say he loves me and our daughter. He treats my mom like a queen. He'll check all the fluids in the cars before he leaves on his trips, fills up the gas tanks. He doesn't hog the remote control, he shares it. He tells me I'm the most beautiful woman in the world and how much he loves being married to me.

I love that my husband orders for me. He opens doors, even car doors but my favorite is that he does the dishes after I cook. He looks adorable with a dish towel over his shoulder :)

if i make ANY attempt at all to clean myself up (which has become common for me these last several years) he always tells me i look pretty.

he kisses me in front of our kids. they groan. he laughs and says, "if i kiss her more, will you leave the room?" they laugh.

a lot of times he puts gas in my car.

he's nice to my dog-- now he even likes her.

he rubs my feet.

he prays for me. a lot.

when we're walking in a crowd, he put his hand on the small of my back to direct me. also when we walk down the sidewalk, he always makes sure I'm walking on the inside, away from the road (probably because he knows I have trouble walking in a straight line...lol!)

He cooks like no one you know. And graciously accepts full responsibility for my waste line ;)He volunteers to be snack dad at out children's school. He worries that the poorer kids aren't getting enough nutritious food. He has the biggest soft spot for the under dog. And when he sees a woman of any age struggling to lift something, or whatever he offers assistance.

He's respectful of my faith, even if he doesn't understand it all. He's open to learning more. He asks intelligent questions. He will go to church with me so that our boys will graciously go to Sunday school as opposed to leaving daddy at home. (meaning they won't learn to hate church because it takes them away from daddy when he's home) HUGE!!!!

He is an amazing father. He can swaddle a baby better than most women, and has even taught some how. He never onced flinched at changing a dirty diaper. He plans special outings with the kids... just them. Because he knows his little time at home is about being with his family!

He is funny, and shares jokes with me all the time. He likes to make me laugh. When he wants to show me extra attn he really puts forth extra effort. This is not a man that just orders flowers. he goes to the florist and picks them out stem for stem!

He has let me sleep in every morning that he's off since the boys were born. He acknowledges that my schedule as created by his schedule is brutal. He can finish my sentances. And he knows the look that we both get that send us into hysterics without saying a word.

This thread is lovely. It makes me so happy to read about these sweet gestures and glimpse these little moments of happiness in peoples' marriages.
My husband, every morning, gets up with the baby and give me at least thirty minutes of 'alone time' sleep without a small child :). He does all the cooking. He carris stuff for me and always lets me order first. He picks out jewelry and always tells me I look beautiful. He talks to me while I take a shower. He also makes me oatmeal for breakfast and pigs out on chik-fil-a with me when we have a bad day. He tolerates my greyhounds snarkiness, too.

[quote="Jea9, post:3, topic:216335"]
My husband always opens doors for me...even the car door! :) And lets me order first too! I also took that for granted, so thanks for the reminder.

He lets me sleep in and most importantly, he'll lay in bed with me even though it goes against all of his natural inclinations. Or go to bed early with me! :D He's an amazing husband!

[/quote]

Ditto to all these things Jea said. :) Another one I can think of is, whenever we're walking outside, he always makes sure I'm walking on the inside and he's walking closer to the street. I love that.

[quote="ac_claire, post:11, topic:216335"]
Another one I can think of is, whenever we're walking outside, he always makes sure I'm walking on the inside and he's walking closer to the street. I love that.

[/quote]

:yup:

sometimes he lets me **** him in the *** first :slight_smile:

My husband does everything for me! He usually leaves for work before I get up, but he makes coffee and charges my cell phone before he goes. He takes care of trash and laundry. He'll go to the grocery store or pharmacy cheerfully if we need something. I have a bad leg, so if I'm feeling unsteady going up the steps, he'll follow me up and keep his hand on my back all the way. He drops me off right at the door wherever we go. He kills bugs. He brings me the cat if I'm feeling bad. He brings me Tastykake lemon pies. He tells me he likes it when I practice Bach, even though it's only the alto part - over and over. He brags about me. He's the dearest husband of all. :heart:

Betsy

He kills the tarantulas :bigyikes: and huge flies and crunchy box-elders and centipedes and the occasional wasp and other icky bugs that invade our house and doesn't make fun of me because I'm screaming and running around in panic. He even caught a mouse in the house last week--alive--and threw it far away from the house. He did this brave deed while I was screaming and running around in panic.

Of course, I'm wondering why so many bugs and wasps and mice keep getting into our house. Maybe I should ask my husband to check this out. He would do it.

He also does most of our gift wrapping, as he loves to wrap gifts and they look so nice when he's finished.

Finally, he reads my novels, does all the "secretarial" computer work (like getting them ready to be sent off to a publisher), and he loves my novels to the point where he carries them around in his phone to read when he's bored.

[quote="KCT, post:1, topic:216335"]
What sorts of little things does your husband do that you appreciate?

I had to point out nicely to mine that he opens doors and walks in right in front of me. Now he opens doors. :thumbsup:

Recently I said it would make me happy if he'd let me order first at restaurants. Normally as soon as the server asks, he jumps right in with his order. He acted like it was an unusual request. :shrug:

Just curious what other men do for their wives.

And men, did your dad teach you to do these things? Did you observe other men doing them? Did your wife ask? Wondering how men know to do these nice things.

[/quote]

I was exhausted last night after selling rosaries and bread at a craft fair for ten hours (and had a migraine by bedtime to boot!) and told my husband I would deal with the dishes in the sink in the morning. This morning I heard him doing the dishes before I got to them! And he let me take a two hour nap today because the headache was still there, even though he really needed to study! And I love that he says that family prayer time is his favorite time of the day!

[quote="ac_claire, post:11, topic:216335"]
Ditto to all these things Jea said. :) Another one I can think of is, whenever we're walking outside, he always makes sure I'm walking on the inside and he's walking closer to the street. I love that.

[/quote]

My husband does this one too! When he was a student in Mexico someone told him that if his girlfriend was walking on the outside it meant she was "for sale..." and so he's always been adamant that I walk on the inside!

My husband has this huge protection/provider instinct. Sometimes it can be overbearing but when I think about it I wouldn’t ask for him to be any different.

He is the BEST cook and loves to do so. When I am very stressed out from work I will come home and he will have a hot bath with salts and candles and wine waiting for me.

He works very hard so that we will be comfortable. ( I work too but his hours are horrible!)

And best of all he puts up with me and loves me for who I am, faults and all (and I have many!!) :smiley:

*I have to agree with an earlier poster this is a lovely thread and I will add a breath of fresh air from others about husbands.

To put it simply I am really convinced that my husband is Christ in the flesh at times.
There is a certain peace that settles on me knowing our children and I are his first priority above all else.
He is always there with his love, support and encouragement but he is not a push over.
I always sense a soothing presence and all the stresses of the day seem so less important and then vanish when he is near.
It always seems that if I patiently wait he always comes through for everything and more. He never complains about me but will question me at times and I find those moments are the times that I grow so much more into the woman I am trying to be.

I do believe he seems to know instinctively what is better for me than I know myself and he is always trying to help me be a better me.

But he is never pushy about anything, to me he just is, and I love him all the more for it.:heart:

I'm so lucky to have my husband. My husband , especially when we're apart texts me from work, if he's able to. This may seem small, but it means so very much. When we first got together (as more than friends), we lived in different places (had been friends since I was much younger)- He wrote me these beautiful letters and sometimes e-mails (just my two cents, but I believe the art of correspondence - the letter has gotten to be e-mail too often - my GodDaughter had never gotten a hand written letter in the mail before! or sent one!) anyway, I still have those letters. Also, I love certain foods like a certain fast food place that's over a half an hour away (carrot and raisin salad - can't seem to make it their way correctly)- sometimes he'll bring home a large amount of it. He asks me to marry him every night - has done this since we got married. I feel so blessed to have him!
]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.