I just attended Mass, I observed so many things regarding liturgy and I was disturbed if were those things okay in liturgy or not.
- Sacristans did not wear their proper vestments, instead a green “year of the youth” shirt.
- Psalm is okay to be sung. but there were 2 psalmist, the other one was on the lectern (altar of the word) but the other one was on the podium of the commentator.
- choir singing alleluia with more than 2 verses (like a regular song and Alleluia as the chorus)
- Eucharistic prayer sung by the presiding priest like a musical (from holy holy music continues until the consecration of the wine and after consecrating the bread the choir sang but I didn’t understand the words because it was overpowered by the music. same happened after consecrating the wine).
- (I think it is no longer part of the Mass but.) recessional song turned out a sing and dance presentation of the youth ministry.
what can you say about these things?