Liturgical Music for Holy Week

I am arranging the music for the Easter Liturgy with a small group of elderly, retired priests. I will play a keyboard. I will use Missa de Angelis for the Holy Thursday and Holy Saturday liturgies. I need to get keyboard accompaniment for this. I would also appreciate any advice about other items we might sing and where music might be obtained (for example the Reproaches on Good Friday). Would appreciate advise and information. Is there a Liturgical Music Forum somewhere out there?

Welcome to the Forums.

When I planned the Masses for the Cathedral, this is what I used for Holy Thursday:

At That First Eucharist (Entrance Hymn)
Where Charity and Love Prevail (Washing of the Feet)
What Wondrous Love is This (Offertory)
Draw Near and Take the Body of Your Lord (Communion)
Pange Lingua (Procession to the Altar of Repose)

David Hurd has a beautiful Kyrie with a matching Lenten Gospel Acclamation that is Gregorian sounding. You can find it in the Worship III hymnal.

For Good Friday, we used:

What Wondrous Love is This (Veneration of the Cross)
Sing My Tongue the Savior’s Glory (Veneration of the Cross)
–If there are a lot of folks, you might want to use the Stabet Mater

At the Name of Jesus (Kingsford setting) (Communion)

Easter Vigil

At the Lamb’s High Feast We Sing (Offertory)
Alleluia, Sing to Jesus (Communion)
Jesus Christ is Risen Today (Recessional)

If possible, you might be able to sneak in the Regina Caeli. During the Papal Mass, it is played right before the recessional.

As far as the accomapyment for the Missa de Angelis, I would try to do an online search for it. One good source would the Office of Sacred Music for the Archdiocese of St. Louis. Fr. Samuel Webber, OSB, is in charge of this office. I got to meet him when I was in St. Louis and he is a great man, a gifted composer and willing to help anyone who wants to further the cause of genuine sacred music.

Here is the link with his contact information:

archstl.org/worship/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=83&Itemid=229

I hope this helps.

Really grateful for your comprehensive reply

You can find pdf files of chant accompaniments on this page . The links that mention “Kyriale” should contain the Missa de Angelis.

You can try Sacredmusicproject.com for more music here: Holy Week / Easter Triduum.

Another source is adaptions from the Graduale Simplex in English available from here:
for Holy Week and Easter Sunday By Flowing Waters

Chants from this collection have been recorded here: Lord, by Your Cross and Resurrection CD .

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.