Liturgy of the Hours in French

Our school has a trip to France over Easter. the students and teachers are not near a church on Good Friday, but want to celebrate Good Friday. well there’s lots of Churches but in some areas, not enough priests so the celebrations move from Church to Church and for a stranger to know ahead of time would be difficult.

Liturgically a lay person cannot preside at a Good Friday liturgy but they can say the Office for the evening instead.

I went to both the Diocesan and National Liturgy Office on this question. Bless their little cotton socks - they got very excited by the question.

So, my question is, are there any online resources for the LOTH in French that I can access to give me the evening prayer for Good Friday in French?

[quote="triumphguy, post:1, topic:318583"]
Our school has a trip to France over Easter. the students and teachers are not near a church on Good Friday, but want to celebrate Good Friday. well there's lots of Churches but in some areas, not enough priests so the celebrations move from Church to Church and for a stranger to know ahead of time would be difficult.

Liturgically a lay person cannot preside at a Good Friday liturgy but they can say the Office for the evening instead.

I went to both the Diocesan and National Liturgy Office on this question. Bless their little cotton socks - they got very excited by the question.

So, my question is, are there any online resources for the LOTH in French that I can access to give me the evening prayer for Good Friday in French?

[/quote]

Mais oui. :)

aelf.org/?office_id=8

[quote="detoutcoeur, post:2, topic:318583"]
Mais oui. :)

aelf.org/?office_id=8

[/quote]

Mercy buckets!

If you have an iOS device, just download iBreviary and set the settings to French. Download a whole week if you are not sure you will have internet access on your trip.

[quote="Windmill, post:4, topic:318583"]
If you have an iOS device, just download iBreviary and set the settings to French. Download a whole week if you are not sure you will have internet access on your trip.

[/quote]

thanks - any idea if it's an official translation, or if it's like a google translation?

The Latin and English versions are official, so I see no reason why the creators would not follow suit with the other languages offered.

[quote="triumphguy, post:5, topic:318583"]
thanks - any idea if it's an official translation, or if it's like a google translation?

[/quote]

No idea but the AELF site has a smartphone version, and it IS the official translation.

Thanks!

Thanks everyone: I’ve got the evening prayer downloaded and made into booklets for the kids.:thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.