Liturgy of the Hours in MP3 format

I’m able to go pray the Morning Vespers twice a week at a local Church. But for the rest of the week, I’m unable to go. I’d love to download the Morning Vespers for my MP3 player.

And, if possible, I’d really, REALLY LOVE it in the chant form! But as they say, beggars can’t be choosers!

Anybody have any idea where I can find some on-line?

Thanks in advance!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I’m very cheap, so if there’s any out there free-of-charge, I’d love it (I’m not averse to giving them a donation, though!).

This might be of some help.

usml.edu/liturgicalinstitute/projects/psalter/psalter%20audio%20files.htm

You may want to try www.sqpn.com - I seem to remember they have liturgy of the hours as MP3 and podcast.

I’ve just gone to iTunes and if you type “liturgy of the hours” into the text box you’ll find several podcasts (click “show all”).

Thanks guys!!!

I’ll try these and see which ones I like!

God Bless You!!!

I’m able to go pray the Morning Vespers twice a week at a local Church

**What do you mean by “Morning Vespers”?

“Vespers” come from a Latin (and eventually Greek) word that means “evening.”

Vespers is the EVENING service.**

OK, my bad. I wasn’t aware and probably called them Vespers because I’ve heard the term “Evening Vespers”.

It’s the Liturgy of the Hours’ morning prayers.

What do you call them?

monasterypodcast.com/

I haven’t listened in awhile, but the sisters do chant the prayers. You can subscribe.

BTW - they call their morning prayer “Lauds”=praise, which makes a lot of sense.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.