Lives of the Saints

I would like to buy an accurate book which contains the Lives of the Saints (daily saints, etc.) Does anyone have any suggestions??

The Roman Martyrology is one good source of a brief description of the lives of the saints. It addresses all saints, not just martyrs, despite the name.

I know of a good French on-line source for it but not an English source. I also have a Latin copy of the most recent edition, you can get that from www.paxbook.com

If you have the 4-volume Liturgy of the Hours there is a brief description for every saint on the Roman Calendar (not all saints are on the Roman Calendar).

The problem with books on the saints, is that we keep adding to the list of saints!!!

Lives of the Saints online version free:

sacred-texts.com/chr/lots/index.htm

Take a look at My Life with the Saints by Father James Martin. It is not only a good contemporary introduction to well-known and not-so-well-known saints along with an account of Father Martin’s spiritual odyssey.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.