Living childless in California

Hello everyone,

My husband and I have been married for 10 years. We have been unable to conceive because of my health. We have left it in God’s hands and decided to enjoy our marriage and family around us. Yesterday we went to a bithday party for a friend’s 4 year old daughter. It was a wonderful party but for the first time in many years I felt out of place. I looked around the room and noticed that all the women there were either pregnant or mothers. Today I am feeling lonely and like an outkast. I feel like there are no other women or men feeling this. :frowning: How do you meet other God loving couples that are living childless? :shrug:

Hi http://www.coolsmilies.net/happy/sq_smile1.gif welcome to CAF.

This is a very hard subject for a lot of folks. Have you and your hubby thought about adoption? Catholic Charities is a good place to start getting info. They have info seminars, DW and I just went to one 2 weekends ago.

Peace.

Hi there,

Thanks for the warm welcome! Yes, we have considered adoption many times. In the meantime, we feel like total outsiders around our friends and I know there have to be other couples out there that love the Lord and also haven’t any children. It’s just frustrating and I am normally accepting of it but yesterday really touched a heart string.

It’s tough, isn’t it. There’s a thread on infertility where a lot of us talk about issues related to infertility, adoption, etc. Check out the sticky at the top of the page.

I don’t really have any advice to give, but I have an idea how you feel. DH and I have been married for 5 years and have never had children. Now I’m completely sterile (hysterectomy for ovarian cancer 4 months ago). It’s wierd being around people who seem to be able to get pregnant without even trying. Anyway, please check out the infertility thread–you’ll get lots of support there! :grouphug:

Maybe adoption would be an option for you. I know I intend to adopt if I’m ever in a position to do so. I feel it as sort of a calling but I leave to GOD to let me know when the time is right. :thumbsup:

Thank you both Sierrah and aurora77 for you kind and encouraging words. I will definitely take a look at the thread on infertility:) Take care!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.