Living my life as a hermit

Hello everyone,

God has been leading me to live the life of a hermit from the very early days of life and
I deeply know that this is what I am called to do. I try to avoid this fact from
time to time but the call just comes back to me. Does any one know of a good
traditional hermitage for women out there. Most likely I might get turned away, the
church doesn’t like me too well. I am thinking of becoming homeless on purpose so
that I may full fill this long time goal.

[quote="suella, post:1, topic:333232"]
Hello everyone,

God has been leading me to live the life of a hermit from the very early days of life and
I deeply know that this is what I am called to do. I try to avoid this fact from
time to time but the call just comes back to me. Does any one know of a good
traditional hermitage for women out there. Most likely I might get turned away, the
church doesn't like me too well. I am thinking of becoming homeless on purpose so
that I may full fill this long time goal.

[/quote]

What do you mean "the church doesn't like me too well" ?

This :confused:

camaldolese.org/pages.php?pageid=6

A hermit is not homeless and it would be very foolish and destructive to take that path. You do not need to belong to any physical organisation to be a hermit so there is no issue re being turned away. You can follow the path of Canon 603 or simply take private vows and live this life alone. The Catechism allows for both forms

But you need a dwelling place that is safe and the means to eat etc; Canon 603 will not provide that.

Please by all means pm ,me and stay safe and calm.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.