Loneliness

Have You ever felt lonely. Probably yes…well i feel so lonely that i have no idea what to do. ive never had a bf. if im interested in a boy they tell me to get away because im ugly and look like a boy. i have no success on finding a bf so ive given up. im so freaking lonely ive given up on life. its like im not hear in todays world.

any ideas on what i should do about this?

much appericated,
WolfWhisperer:thumbsup:

My dear~
Open your heart to all that can be given through other things…boys are lovely, yes. However, there is a lot more to life. Evreybody gets lonely from time to time…it is our reminder that we were not made to be alone, and we long for something else…:slight_smile:
You should not worry about those who reject you based on such things as your looks…they would never have loved you anyhow…you may find that one that loves everything about you…everything. Just as God already does…be who you are…not who this world says you should be! :slight_smile:
Okay, done waxing poetic…but really…be you, just you and someone will find you… Meanwhile, find some great girlfriends, find hobbies you enjoy…they can not be replaced! :slight_smile:

If you are feeling lonely and single, get out with your good friends. Spend time doing things you enjoy or take up new activities. Do things with friends, take trips, vacations, etc. Basically stay busy and leverage your ‘support group’ of friends which will help you feel less lonely and possibly meet a nice guy.

Don’t worry about some guys turning you down or not being interested. Attractiveness is all relative. What appeals to one guy/girl, will not appeal to another. It doesn’t make anyone less pretty/handsome.

Now on the other hand, if you are truly not pleased with your appearance, then take this time to possibly get in better shape, lose weight, or do something that you think would make yourself look better. If you are happy with your looks/appearance, then this will show and the right guy will come along and notice you for who you are…don’t pretend to be something you are not. Just be the best person you can be and others will take notice and it will attract good people to you.

Yes, I have felt lonely sometimes and I am married. Loneliness is hard, but remember that God loves you. He has felt lonely too, and it hurt him just as much as it hurts us, believe it or not. Just because he is God doesn’t mean he hasn’t hurt. Sometimes it helps to think about all that Jesus suffered when we are suffering. We can enter into his pain, and he can comfort us. I am sorry your heart feels so heavy today. I will pray for you. You are a dear and wonderful person.

And now for something different :D

Try praying. Ask God that if there is anyone, no matter who, that needs your help, to please bring that person to you. If you are sincere, you will never be lonely again for the rest of your life. Really.

[quote="WolfWhisperer, post:1, topic:196658"]
Have You ever felt lonely. Probably yes...well i feel so lonely that i have no idea what to do. ive never had a bf. if im interested in a boy they tell me to get away because im ugly and look like a boy. i have no success on finding a bf so ive given up. im so freaking lonely ive given up on life. its like im not hear in todays world.

much appericated,

[/quote]

Perhaps God has a special plan for you, and maybe He desires for you to remain 'as pure as possible' to accomplish his plan, and as such He is currently showering you will all kinds of special graces towards those ends! You should be aware of this and thank Him for such a generous gift. Perhaps his plan will involve a very special young man that God already has picked out for you, and His Graces are keeping you from making any mistakes with someone who is not this special person, prior to the time that God can put him in your life. Till then, you can pray to God to keep and protect you, and ask Him to reveal His plan to you, if that is His Will. Perhaps the loneliness you feel - Jesus is also feeling for you, maybe he feels too far apart from you, and is allowing the loneliness you feel so that you can recognize it too, and He desires you to become closer to Him. You never know; God may have a big surprise in store for you, and certainly any plan that He has for us is better than any that we can come up with on our own!:thumbsup:

[quote="MtnDwellar, post:5, topic:196658"]
And now for something different :D

Try praying. Ask God that if there is anyone, no matter who, that needs your help, to please bring that person to you. If you are sincere, you will never be lonely again for the rest of your life. Really.

[/quote]

This is a great answer and having a boyfirend is not all that great sometimes. It's overrated.

Like someone else said find activities you like to do and above all pray and be confident. Guys like confidence and chutzpah (guts) more than looks sometimes. Try church social activites, bowling, archery, baseball (get on a girls league), choirs (if you like to sing) or an artist group. Get involved and take the attention off yourself. Assert yourself and don't wai to be asked. Ask and doors will open, not all of them but some will.

Be confident ! and -Focus on others . You are special and important just the way God made you ! :thumbsup:

[quote="WolfWhisperer, post:1, topic:196658"]
Have You ever felt lonely. Probably yes...well i feel so lonely that i have no idea what to do. ive never had a bf. if im interested in a boy they tell me to get away because im ugly and look like a boy. i have no success on finding a bf so ive given up. im so freaking lonely ive given up on life. its like im not hear in todays world.

much appericated,

[/quote]

Dear WolfWhisperer;

Just want to say that my genuine thoughts and prayers go out to you. Not to remove the sincerity of the sentiments you have expressed here. I wouldn't give much mind to what other people say what you look like. Regrettable; some people can be bias, superficial and immature in the way they judge by exterior appearances. The real beauty of you is what you know is inside your heart. You need to trust and respect the confidence you possess in yourself, not what others uncharitable say you are. Be the respectable lady you want to be and always desire God to be an important part of your life and pray and ask God for direction helping you choose your vocation in life.

My prayers and thoughts are with you.

Peace
Chris

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.