Lonely

I don’t feel like i have anyone close enough or someone that i can always go to to talk, and it hurts because i see everyone around me have so many people. I have God, of course, but it’s just hard at times. lots of my friends don’t treat me right, and when I realize this and try to stay distant they end up being nice. sometimes i don’t know what to do … because i don’t feel like they care to listen to me or want the best for me. But, I don’t want to have no one. I’m close to my family i guess you can say, but wish i could talk to my mom more as a friend. But, it never was like that and isn’t. Can someone offer me some advice? thanks

it is difficult. perhaps a group at your parish where you can meet some more friends?

also make sure you have ‘good friends’ to be with …those that will help you live a good life.

but do not give up hope :slight_smile:

"Hope is a choice that often demands an effort. It is easier to worry, get discouraged, be afraid. Hoping means trusting. When we hope we are not passive: we are acting.

Love is also a decision. Sometimes it comes spontaneously, but very often loving people will mean choosing to love them. Otherwise love would be no more than emotion, even selfishness, and not something that engages our freedom.
— Interior Freedom, p.96" Fr. Jacques Philippe

Only consolation is that You are not alone, I feel like I read the story of my life when I read yours. Its very difficult to deal with & yes very lonely, people can be really vicious & not realize how bad they make a person feel, sometimes a kind word works wonders, Yes we have God, but God does not directly administer to us, he uses others to act in his place. This is a kind of I Me & My ugly world, people just dont seem to care about anyone else but themselves. Hold on to your faith, it is very important, in fact the most important thing in your life:)

Oh yeah you’re not along. I’m willing to bet there are thousands of people like that around the world. Why they can’t find each other and make really good friends is beyond me.

Amen! Stringbean!!

None of us are perfect. That means none of our friends are perfect. And none of us are perfect friends.

This is going to sound like glib advice. It’s not! It comes from my heart, because I’ve tried it and it works.

Pray for them, for every one that has hurt you, by name. Pray that they receive all the blessings you would like for yourself. Do it daily, or even twice a day. Keep it up. It may take a couple of months or so, but you will see changes.

Someone gave me that advice when I was butting heads with a supervisor everyone hated. I followed it, though it was hard at first. Over time, things changed, and eventually we had a really great working relationship. If you asked me who was the best supe I ever had, I’d give his name.

God bless you with faith. hope, and charity,

Ruthie

You said it. Then again, some of us aren’t just looking for friends anymore are we? I mean you can find a ton of friends at the press of a button these days (even if they are just on the internet :o).

That special someone on the other hand? Oh yeah, that’s gonna be easy. :rolleyes:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.