'Long been creeping leftward': Former CBS News chief says anti-Trump 'bias'

2 Likes

Here is the WSJ article

2 Likes

It doesn’t seem to have that much sway on voters in the end. In the last 50 years there have been 6 Republican Presidents and only 3 Democrats.

I’ve gotten somewhat cynical but it sounds like the right might be setting the stage to blame the media bias if Trump loses, to avoid having to accept that Trump and his own words are the biggest problem they have.

The last two Republicans won with big losses in the popular vote. I think this mitigates any analysis of voter preferences. ( Certainly " electors" preferences are as you claim).
I agree with your post generally but I add this.
Right from the start, Trump went after the press to deligitimize them. Rarely are his confrontations specific. They almost always attack institutions themselves as illegitimate. This distinction separates him from almost all former president’s who always have conflict with the press.
He has at the same time baited the press to defend their own existence. An artificial adversary component.
And he has created animosity and dislike, which naturally creates normal human response.
I will always consider the entire assault brilliantly executed and completely intended by Trump.( The fruits are control, lack of oversight, fortified by firing or causing resignation of 5 IGs in a few months time) It would be an insult to suggest such a strategy and outcome an accident. It is simply an issue of such an assault being evidence of unfitness. If you have a traditional idea of the role of the press and CHECKS AND BALLANCES.

Leftist media was negative right from the beginning:

Assessing the tone of news coverage, the Harvard researchers found that CNN’s Trump coverage was 93 percent negative, and seven percent positive. The researchers found the same numbers for NBC.
Others were slightly less negative. The Harvard team found that CBS coverage was 91 percent negative and 9 percent positive. New York Times coverage was 87 percent negative and 13 percent positive. Washington Post coverage was 83 percent negative and 17 percent positive. Wall Street Journal coverage was 70 percent negative and 30 percent positive. And Fox News coverage also leaned to the negative, but only slightly: 52 percent negative to 48 percent positive.
1 Like

And?
What was merited?

1 Like

Well Trump did everything he could to be unifier. Starting with enemy of the people. How can that get you bad press?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.