Long handled bags

anyone know where i can get bags/purses for office wear with long handles - that i can sling across …

all the purses i see seem to have short handles and they are so uncomfortable…

Wal-Mart. Many nice BIG purses with long handles that are comfortable- and even a cell phone pocket!

this is the only one that i could find online…

walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5499642

have you seen more instore?

Kohl’s has tons on their website: kohls.com/main/subcategory.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=345772159&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=399419727&CONTENT%3C%3Ecnt_id=437686921&bmUID=1177391069606&showpage=0

I find low-cost brand name purses at Ross Dress for Less, all mine are shoulder bags. Staples has handbags and brief case combos that match for professional women.

I bought one of those mini-backpacks at K-mart, chopped off one strap, and lengthened the other as far as it’d go. It works great. May be a little too obviously DIY for some offices, though :wink:

Classic Coach handbags have long (44") straps. Yes, they’re *very *expensive, but if you stick to a classic design, it will never go out of style. I’ve had my original Coach bag for 25 years, and they still make the exact same bag today (the City bag). I considered it an investment when I started my career.

'thann

I use this bag from LL Bean. Technically, it’s a travel bag, not a purse, but the small (“regular”) size looks and works just like a purse. It’s strong and tough, very roomy, weighs nothing, and is cheap ($22 for the small). I got mine in black, but it comes in five colors. It does have a long (and adjustable) handle – long enough for me to sling over the opposite shoulder, and I’m tall. :slight_smile:

Travel Bag

Crazy Internet Junkies Society (Mudgie Junkie Hybrid)
Carrier of the Angelic Sparkles Sprinkle Bag

You can always get these on eBay CLICK ME for far less than retail. And they last forever!!!

~Liza

Check the purses out carefully at the store. Many of those on display have short carrying straps but inside the purse is a long shoulder strap folded up. Don’t reject a product without thoroughly inspecting it.

Matthew

PS I’ve bought purses many times for my wife.

you guys are awesome!!! so many answers…!!! gotta go check them all out now… :))))))))))

Very definitely there are more in the store.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.