Long lines mar morning voting in Georgia's primary

What party benefits if it’s hard to vote in Gwinnett and Dekalb counties?

1 Like

I don’t know enough about their makeup. I wrote-in Sorrell Booke, myself.

I had a friend that just got out of that.

She had applied for absentee voting. While a ballot showed up for her son one did not show up for her. She tried to early vote, but she hadn’t anticipated a line that was more than an hour long. She went in for regular voting this morning.

With the machines not working at some of the other voting locations and the lack of provisional ballots people were going to other locations seeking a provisional ballot. People that came from other locations were not allot a provisional ballot, so they showed up at those locations and stood in long lines only to be turned away.

2.5 hours later she had successfully voted, standing out in the rain for much of that time. While she was out there though I did send her a relevant game to play on her phone.

Why would we expect a Republican governor to be able to run a simple election?

it was rhetorical. They are majority-Democratic counties.

1 Like

Well definitely Sorrell Booke fans, then.

I have no idea what you’re trying to say here by referencing Boss Hog from the Dukes of Hazard.

And thus ends my knowledge of Georgia counties.

okay, then!

Back to the topic at hand. Trying to decide if this is ineptness or on purpose.

I find it hilarious that Georgia paid 104 million dollars for an electronic voting system that outputs a paper ballot that can be scanned. That’s the craziest!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.