Look how beautiful He is!

http://alumni.cs.ucsb.edu/~evodius/monstrance.jpg

I agree. I have participated in a Perpetual Adoration program before and am always humbled to find myself in the physical presence of Jesus. It is amazing to me that we have this opportunity so many years after His Ascension. One more evidence of the incredible love that God has for His people.

I couldn’t agree more, TNKnight. What a gift Adoration is. :slight_smile:

“The time you spend with Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament is the best time you will spend on earth. Each moment that you spend with Jesus will deepen your union with Him and make your soul everlastingly more glorious and beautiful in Heaven, and will help bring about everlasting peace on earth.” - Blessed Mother Teresa

And just how do any of us know that there is a consecrated host in this monstrance, and not just a piece of white cardboard?

Sometimes when I’m getting ready to say my evening prayers, I like to think of all the churches nearby where Our Lord is right now. I like to think of these places as offering His spiritual protection for area, my community. I turn towards each church mentally and think of Him dwelling there, body and soul, for us.

http://www.theapostoliccrusade.org/Monstrance.jpg

Do you mean on this picture on this thread or in general? Because after Mass at our Parish, the Priest places the consecrated host into the Monstrance and then takes it to the Adoration Chapel. You’d have to ask the OP about the pic they posted, but…I think its HIM.

Roll with it, baby. :slight_smile:

therealpresence.org/

Ecce Agnus Dei, ecce qui tollit peccáta mundi.

Amen! Whenever I see the Blessed Sacrament exposed, it reminds me how humble He is: we cannot look upon the face of God and live, so He veils His glory with the appearance of bread and comes to us that way.

Here is a video I love to watch:
youtube.com/watch?v=f-jkRR5rf90&feature=related

I go to Adoration every Saturday evening. One time it seemed as though Jesus spoke to my heart and said that anywhere He is adored is the true center of the universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpbasilphx View Post
And just how do any of us know that there is a consecrated host in this monstrance, and not just a piece of white cardboard?
Do you mean on this picture on this thread or in general? Because after Mass at our Parish, the Priest places the consecrated host into the Monstrance and then takes it to the Adoration Chapel. You’d have to ask the OP about the pic they posted, but…I think its HIM.

As should have been clear from the words “this montrance,” I’m talking about this particular picture.

Are you suggesting that we can only deal with one physical presence and not meditate upon the wonderful mystery of Christ’s presence in the eucharist? I responded to the concept of the physical presence and my love for eucharistic adoration. That seems to be the common theme in this thread. I’m sorry if you are blinded to the love that is being expressed by the others posting to this thread. At the same time, I understand your point that the view is beautiful only when a consecrated host is in the monstrance. Please allow us to revel in our past experiences with adoration.

If i’m not mistaken, this is a picture from the chapel at EWTN.

Yeah, that’s what I thought, too. I think it’s the chapel where they have the Daily Mass. :slight_smile:

If so, then very good.

However, if you wish to see a really beautiful Icon of Christ, look at the famous Pantocrator of Sinai.

basil, what’s with you? Will you please give it a rest? For crying out loud you’re ruining my moment here! Now, off with you!

Bishop Basil? Is or is not Our Lord, Jesus Christ, present in the Most Holy Sacrifice of the Altar - body, blood, soul, and divinity? Is this not true for both Eastern and Western Churches?

Icons are written with holiness but they are not the Eucharist. I have to say, my friend, that you really overstepped the bounds with the “cardboard” comment.

This is just an image of the Blessed Sacrament, a representation or a sacramental, like a crucifix. So, bpbasil, it wouldn’t really matter where the image came from. What matters to us is that this is the form under which we encounter Him today.

How awesome it is that He is fully present to us. body, blood, soul and divinity! That He waits for us to come spend time with Him to love Him. What peace and grace He gives us!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.