Looking for a book about St. Francis and St. Clare

I see we have quite a few people on the board who are devoted to St. Francis :smiley: I am taking part in a Theology of the Body study group and we have many Franciscan nuns, priests and brothers studying with us. It is really neat to get to spend time with them and benefit from their insights. Last week we were discussing the complementarity of the sexes and how that can be lived out in the celibate lifestyle. Of course St. Francis and St. Clare came up as an example of that complementarity. Now I am really curious and would like to read more about them, particularly their relationship with each other and how that affected the development of the Franciscans. Can anyone recommend a good, readable biography?

Clothed with Gladness: The Story of St. Clare by Sister Mary St. Paul, P.C.C. amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Clothed+with+Gladness%3A+The+Story+of+St.+Clare&x=15&y=20 is primarily about St. Clare, but it certainly tells about how St. Francis influenced her life.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.