Looking for a certain Bible ~~~ Help

I am looking for a certain Bible.
I would like to get one of those huge old time bibles that are for the home with lots of color pictures and caligraphy. You know, the kind that you put on a stand in a special place. It looks like it is about a thousand years old?
Do you have one, or know where I can get one?

Thank you ~
Ridesawhitehorse :slight_smile:

[quote=ridesawhitehors]I am looking for a certain Bible.
I would like to get one of those huge old time bibles that are for the home with lots of color pictures and caligraphy. You know, the kind that you put on a stand in a special place. It looks like it is about a thousand years old?

Thank you ~
[/quote]

my mother has one… old Duway Rheims (sp) version… large, looks like the one used in Raiders of the Lost Ark… you would have to pry it from her cold dead hands to get it… me and my 7 brothers and sisters are waiting like buzzards to snatch it when we can… now where you might fine one now??? EBAY maybe? :thumbsup:

If you want an old one check E-bay. Otherwise most Catholic bookstores sell newer editions that have the same features you are looking for. For a real good leather one, usually around $80.00. Check the link below.

getfed.com/display_results.cfm?category=471

For vintage ones, check E-bay, otherwise check the link below.

getfed.com/display_results.cfm?category=471

Suggest Tan Books
tanbooks.com/
If they don’t then they can probably tell you where to locate one.
ignatius.com/
Ignatius also sells Bibles

[quote=ridesawhitehors]I am looking for a certain Bible.

Thank you ~
[/quote]

Check used book stores in your area. Bibles generally are not very expensive because so many of them have been printed. You might be able to find a nice old Bible there.

If not, try www.abebooks.com

Go to Advanced Search and search on “Holy Bible.” In the keyword area, choose “Haydock” and you will come up with some real nice old Douay Rheims bibles.

Good Luck

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.