Looking for a specific Marian prayer

+JMJ+

Hello, all!

I am looking for a specific Marian prayer. The gist of the prayer is asking Mary to come behind us when we fail and to correct our failings through grace.

I am teaching a class on Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary tonight and our topic is about surrendering all to Mary. This prayer would be perfect to give them, I just cannot locate it!!!

Thanks in advance!!! God bless~

Teresa

Wow, that could be any number of prayers . . . maybe this one:

Mary, Help of Those in Need

*“Mary, Help of Those in Need” was formerly the Magnificat antiphon from the Common of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Evening Prayer. *

Holy Mary,
help those in need,
give strength to the weak,
comfort the sorrowful,
pray for God’s people,
assist the clergy,
intercede for religious.

Mary, all who seek your help
experience your unfailing protection.
Amen.

I’m guessing you would know the well-known Memorare, so it would not be that, but here it is anyway, just in case:

Memorare

*The “Memorare” is a sixteenth-century version of a fifteenth-century prayer that began “Ad sanctitatis tuae pedes, dulcissima Virgo Maria.” Claude Bernard (1588-1641) popularized the idea that the “Memorare” was written by Saint Bernard. *

Remember, most loving Virgin Mary,
never was it heard
that anyone who turned to you for help
was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence,
though burdened by my sins,
I run to your protection
for you are my mother.

Mother of the Word of God,
do not despise my words of pleading
but be merciful and hear my prayer.
Amen.

Hi Teresa, sorry I have no idea which prayer that might be, but I just wanted to say that is awesome that you’re teaching a class on the Total Consecration :slight_smile: I hope it goes well! God bless!

Hi Teresa,
that is great that you are teaching this class- what text (resource) are you using?

this one?:

2e. Immaculate Conception Prayer for The Apostolate
O Immaculate Conception, Mary, my Mother, live in me, my family, and all the members, benefactors, and cooperators of the apostolate; act in us; speak in and through us. Think your thoughts in our minds, love through our hearts. Give us your own dispositions and feelings. Teach, lead, and guide us to Jesus. Correct, enlighten, and expand our thoughts and behavior. Possess our souls; take over our entire personalities and lives. Replace us with yourself. Incline us to constant adoration and thanksgiving; pray in and through us. Let us live in you and keep us in this union always. Amen.

or this one?

50b. Act of Consecration to Jesus through Mary

by St. Maximilian Kolbe

O Immaculata, Queen of Heaven and earth, refuge of sinners and our most loving Mother, God has willed to entrust the entire order of mercy to you.

I, N., a repentant sinner, cast myself at your feet humbly imploring you to take me with all that I am and have, wholly to yourself as your possession and property. Please make of me, of all my powers of soul and body, of my whole life, death, and eternity, whatever most pleases you.

If it pleases you, use all that I am and have without reserve, wholly to accomplish what was said of you: “She will crush your head,” and, “You alone have destroyed all heresies in the whole world.”

Let me be a fit instrument in your immaculate and merciful hands for introducing and increasing your glory to the maximum in all the many strayed and indifferent souls, and thus help extend as far as possible the blessed kingdom of the most Sacred Heart of Jesus.

For wherever you enter you obtain the grace of conversion and growth in holiness, since it is through your hands that all graces come to us from the most Sacred Heart of Jesus. Amen.

V/. Allow me to praise you, O Sacred Virgin.

R/. Give me strength against your enemies.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.