Looking for an explanation of Flowers to Mary during wedding

I’m currently preparing the ceremony programs for my wedding (Nuptial Mass). During our ceremony, we will be having a Dedication/Presentation to Mary. I would like to include an explanation in our ceremony program explaining the tradition for our non-Catholic guests.

What is the meaning of this tradition? Do you have an example of the wording you used in your ceremony programs?

(I’m looking for an answer I can copy and paste into our programs).

maybe this will help
catholicbrides.com/cathinfo_details.php?ID=22

and this myweb.ecomplanet.com/SMBT2598/mycustompage0003.htm
[LEFT]The presentation of a special bouquet of flowers at the foot of the statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary is an established Catholic tradition. The flowers are presented to the statue as an offering of love for the Mother of God.
A shortened version of the Ave Maria is often played or sung at this time. During the presentation, the bride and groom ask Mary in prayer to pray for their marriage, and that their children lead holy and happy lives, as well as any other special intentions.[/LEFT]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.