Looking for Douay-Rheims names comparison reference source

Is there a reference book or even a web site that lists proper names as they appear in the Douay-Rheims Bible and gives their equivalent in modern Bibles?

I don’t have an answer for you. I just had to say that I love the reason you gave for editing. :smiley:

[quote="agnes_therese, post:2, topic:330626"]
I don't have an answer for you. ** I just had to say that I love the reason you gave for editing.** :D

[/quote]

Me too! :o

by “proper names” do you mean the names of people or the names of the books?

Sally

Well, I’d say mainly people names since the books in the Old Testament which have different names are also the names of the authors and therefore covered in a people list.

Of course, such a resource would be mainly useful for the Old Testament since New Testament names are generally the same as in other modern Bibles.

By the way, thanks everyone for liking my reason for editing…

Reasonably readable chart from wikipedia

Thanks! That list at least covers the prophets' names.

I read on Facebook just yesterday that the Douay-Rheims Study Bible will include modern spellings of names at the bottom of the pages, so there will be at least one resource out there.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.