Looking for encouragement

So, I’m opening myself up again…oh well.

I need any encouragement women out there can offer. Prayers are great too.

Hubby and I aren’t actively trying for kids (I mean, I’m still in school for goodness’ sake…) but last week I had a positive pregnancy test. I got really scared, but mostly…excited. Well, I did some follow-up on that, and it turns out it was a false positive. I know it’s silly, but I feel like…well, like I lost something precious…you know? I do passionately want kids, and I pray that God hastens the day that I can hold our blessing in my arms…until then…this disappointment…It does hurt. Did this happen to any of you? How do you shake it off?

BIG HUGS!

That is horrible, seriously. Maybe God has decided it wasn’t the right time for you, maybe you have other big things in his big scheme of things!

Don’t let it be a put off, try again when you feel ready! You will be okay! :slight_smile: And be in my prayers!!

Hi Whitacre Girl I understand the emotional feelings of disappointment that you might have been pregnant and now you are not.God sometimes does things in mysterious ways trust in Him and your time will come. My first two babies died and when I was trying again (with what turned out to be my sons Stuart) each month I woulkd be so disappointed to discover I was not pregnant.Eventually after 'stopping trying' it just happened.You can imagine how precious my children are to me after it being so difficult to have a 'live' child.God bless you and may you become a mother when the time is right when God has planned for you.

[quote="Whitacre_Girl, post:1, topic:219721"]
So, I'm opening myself up again...oh well.

I need any encouragement women out there can offer. Prayers are great too.

Hubby and I aren't actively trying for kids (I mean, I'm still in school for goodness' sake...) but last week I had a positive pregnancy test. I got really scared, but mostly...excited. Well, I did some follow-up on that, and it turns out it was a false positive. I know it's silly, but I feel like...well, like I lost something precious....you know? I do passionately want kids, and I pray that God hastens the day that I can hold our blessing in my arms......until then...this disappointment....It does hurt. Did this happen to any of you? How do you shake it off?

[/quote]

You now know the great willingness you both have for children. Even though this was a false positive, your openness for a family is now clear, this will bless your marriage. I am sure that God will grace your marriage and family in many ways, it's just that this happens in his time, not ours.

Praying for you both.

:hug1::hug1:

I don't have much advice, I just want to let you know that I'm praying for you.

[quote="CountrySinger, post:5, topic:219721"]

[/quote]

Thanks sweetie. I really appreciate it.

[quote="CountrySinger, post:5, topic:219721"]

[/quote]

Ditto! :o

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.