Looking for Excerpts of Koran

Hi CAF Friends,

Could anyone recommend a book of excerpts of the Koran? I mean…not to denigrate the whole of the Koran…but I just want to read the good parts. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Could someone guide me to the good parts?

I have an English translation of the whole Koran, but it doesn’t include much else besides the text of the translation.

Thanks,
n

Some years ago George Lamsa composed The Short Koran Designed for Easy Reading… of course George Lamsa was a Christian…

You also might read The Holy Qur’an as explained by 'Allamah Nooruddin and rendered into English by Amatul Rahman 'Omar.

I don’t think Muslims would agree though that there are good parts and not so good parts of the Qur’an…

What exactly do you mean by “good” parts? A simple google search on any specific topic could lead you to chapters/verses. Almost any google search will lead you to a hit on quran.com, this is a reliable site.

Harun Yahya has a bunch of books that are worth checking out. On the Google Play store, many of his books are free. A personal favorite, entitled “Some secrets of the Qur’an” is worth checking out. Harun Yahya is a prolific writer, so you’re bound to find something you are satisfied with.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.