Looking for Guidance as a New Catholic

Hello,

I am hoping to find someone who has been through a situation similar to mine who is willing to give me a bit of advice.

I am a fairly new Catholic, of a little over a year, who converted from a Protestant religion. The catalyst for my conversion was mainly to be able to share one faith with my new husband and our future children (maybe that is the root of my problem.)

I’m finding lately that I’m having some real problems adapting and need to figure out how to best deal with my situation. I absolutely love my husband and his strong Catholic faith and want so very much to be able to share it with him, but it is just SO hard for me to deal with going from being a happy, faithful lifelong Protestant to trying to mesh with his traditionalist-leaning Catholic beliefs at this time.

If there are any converts out there who went through a similar situation, please pm me. I’d really like to hear how you made the transition.

Thanks!

Did you convert becaue you felt it was what you needed to do in your spiritual journey, or did you convert to please your husband?

You wrote, “but it is just SO hard for me to deal with going from being a happy, faithful lifelong Protestant to trying to mesh with his traditionalist-leaning Catholic beliefs at this time.”

I’m not following you. What, exactly, are you finding difficult?

Longtime Protestant here who joined the Church at Easter with his wife (she joined as well).

We love being Catholic… sure a few of the teachings are “difficult” after being a secularized protestant but they are Biblically sound.

I spent years studying and will probably teach PRE or help with RCIA (hopefully RCIA as it was such a great experience) this year. Feel free to shoot me a PM, I’ll be happy to help if I can!

Joe

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.