Looking for information on Patsy Soto and His Teaching's Ministry

Friends,

I am concerned about members of my family who have become heavily invested in Patsy Soto, an alleged locutionist, and her – I hardly know what to call it? ministry? organization? – called His Teaching’s Ministry.

I would appreciate anyone who can point me to resources that help me to understand who she is, whether or not it is okay to follow locutionists who have been neither confirmed nor denied, and any other information you can share with me. Also, your prayers for discernment for me and my family would be greatly appreciated!

My family is deeply devoted to Our Lady and have strong connections to Medjugorje. I’m not sure if they are being misled by this woman or if they truly are doing the work of Our Lord and Blessed Mother. How do I know?

Thank You So Much!

km, I found this one evaluation of Patsy Soto that may help you:

catholicplanet.com/apparitions/false52.htm

Thank you, FCEGM. I did see that site when I tried a Google search, but I found nothing else that was helpful. Has anyone else heard of her or have any experience with her? I know my family helps with the building of “Houses of Prayer” and retirement homes for priests, if that rings a bell.

Much appreciated!

I have a friend involved in Patsy’s “Ministry” and I have very negative feelings about it. Neither Patsy nor her husband work and depend on donations. They do a lot of traveling and don’t have too many followers. I have done a lot of praying over this and I still don’t have a positive feeling about it.

My family knows patsy soto and father melvin and they seem to be good people of god and like the bible says : luke 9:49 " ..."Master," said John, "we saw a man driving out demons in your name and we tried to stop him, because he is not one of us." Luke 9Luke 9:50 "...Jesus "Do not stop him," Jesus said, "for whoever is not against you is for you." New I
As long as their not asking you to do something against him , his church, his mother or any of his commandments then I dont see it wrong to ask for her help .

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.