Looking for Liturgical Hymns can you help me?

hello there, I play and sing ( guitar) once a month for the Family Mass in my local Parish and this week is the Feast of Corpus Christi. I am looking for links or anything in PDF with music and lyrics so I can learn the songs for this Feast. I was looking for a John Michael Talbot song, but unfortunately I cant find any online, and those I do are not the ones I want.

One of his songs is called one bread one Body.

Can anyone here recommend any Hymns to play?:shrug:

Pax Christi
Stephen <3

These songs would be most fitting and do not need any accompanyment:

Alleluia, Sing to Jesus
Gift of Finest Wheat
Father, We Thank Thee Who Has Planted
At That First Eucharist
Shepherd of Souls
I Received the Living God
Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence

The traditional, sacred music, is much easier to sing because the notes are simple. Furthermore, the focus of the hymn is on God and not on ourselves.

Because these hymns are older, some may even be on the public domain.

Alleluia, Sing to Jesus
cyberhymnal.org/htm/a/s/asingtoj.htm

Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence
cyberhymnal.org/htm/l/e/letallmf.htm

Shepherd of Souls
cyberhymnal.org/htm/s/o/s/sosrable.htm

I hope this helps.

i wouldn’t recommend guitar at mass, its vulgar in my opinion. but that (for this at least) is irrelevant. the Fragrance Prayer song is a beautiful hymn, or maby the english translation of Tantum Ergo?

Matt Maher is a good Catholic artist.Here are a couple of his songs: www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IuAhZ7PCBY&feature=related .This song I play in D. Also www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V35jHEf8kg&feature=related .Hope this helps.May our Lord be with you,Rocky.

i wouldn’t recommend guitar at mass, its vulgar in my opinion. but that (for this at least) is irrelevant. the Fragrance Prayer song is a beautiful hymn, or maby the english translation of Tantum Ergo?

No worries Veta, I wont address your first statement, as I do not come here to argue, ( unless its something worth debating ) you’ve obviously made your mind up and I doubt anything I say is gonna persuade you of anything otherwise. :byzsoc:

Thank you for your kind suggestion, I’ll certainly look into it. :smiley:

Pax Christi
Stephentlig

My wife has been using ChoralWiki:Downloadable tools I haven’t followed how she gets to Sacred Music, but have helped her download some scores.

Happy Hunting. :wink:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.