Looking for Reviewers for my Prayer Book

Hi Everyone,
I have been involved with Catholic Forums for quite some time, coming here initially to find a good church home. This forum has been wonderful to me and I am hoping I can count on all of you again. I am in the process of publishing a prayer book for orthodox Christians (interdenominational) and would like your advice on improvements that could be made for future editions of the book. The book, called The American Book of Prayer, will be published hopefully within a month and will be distributed on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc.

If you are interested in receiving a free copy of the book in exchange for your feedback and a review on Amazon, I would be greatly appreciative. You don’t even have to pay for shipping…I will take care of that as well. All I ask is for honest feedback and a review on Amazon. If you are interested, send me a PM with an address to send the book to. Or, if you would prefer a digital copy, I can e-mail you one instead.

In addition, I was curious if you all had a “wish list” for what you would like in a prayer book, as well as if you find any value in them at all.

Thanks as always and God bless.

-Justin

Pax Christi!

Deal!

While I’m no pro, I read a lot and occaisionally write prayers myself. You’ll get a PM from me, and a fair review, with other input (such as requests and suggestions) as may help you.

Waiting to hear from you, and eager to help!

God bless.

Pax Christi!

Deal!

While I’m no pro, I read a lot and occaisionally write prayers myself. You’ll get a PM from me, and a fair review, with other input (such as requests and suggestions) as may help you.

Waiting to hear from you, and eager to help!

God bless.

I find a lot of value in them. It somewhat depends on what the definition of “prayer book” is in this context. As Anglicans, we generally think in terms of the Book of Common Prayer which is much different than a daily devotion or topical sort.

That said, I’d be happy to give it a look and pass it along to someone else whose opinion I respect (she’s a real prayer warrior) and to respond with some feedback.

Pm will be sent.

I greatly appreciate all of the support and suggestions I have received thus far. It has been very encouraging. The prayer book is quite unique (I think) because it’s designed to include a daily prayer (different every day), a psalm or proverb, a reading from scripture, and the Lord’s Prayer each day. You essentially walk through the gospel from beginning to end and the cycle lasts about 38 days. Rather than repeating the gospel four times, passages of all four gospels are ordered to include as much of the Jesus story as possible in chronological order (generally speaking). There is no page-turning, worrying about the church calendar, etc. I realize there are some serious flaws to this design, but I think the advantages outweigh the negatives. Further, there is a special section for Christmas prayers and for prayers during Holy Week. There are also numerous prayers for special occasions, etc.

I am very interested in this prayer book. Obviously, I will jump on anything that has the word free in it. I can’t wait to see this work, may God bless your efforts.

Very appreciative! I look forward to your thoughts.

Update…Amazingly, the interest in this book has really surprised me and I am running out of free hard copies. I have only one left to give out. However, if you are still interested in a free copy, I would be happy to send you the electronic version.

ALSO, just to clear some things up…This prayer book’s “theme,” if you can call it that, is American Christianity. Many of the prayers come directly from famous Americans and individuals who have influenced American Christianity. It should also be noted that this prayer book does not violate the teachings of the Catholic Church or most other main branches of Christianity. It was a very difficult balance to strike, but I think I managed to compile a book that includes rich orthodox (little “o”) theology without violating tenets of most major denominations.

UPDATE:

At this time, I no longer have anymore physical copies to give away of the book. I am willing to send electronic copies however if you PM your e-mail address to me within the next 24 hours.

Justin

Please send me a link via PM as well.

Thanks

Hi, I don’t have a link…I am happy to send you a PDF version though when I am finished within a few weeks if you PM me your e-mail address.

Anyone else interested in a PDF copy?

I got the copy and it is a nice version. Particularly for someone starting out in the practices of regular daily prayer.

I would be happy to send my copy to someone else if you’d like to review it. First reply gets it. Then pm me your address please.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.