Looking for verse / verses

In trying to show that God desires all to be saved and wishes no condemnation on anyone Native Americans came up before Western settlement. There are those who believe they are rotting in hell. I am trying to find the verse where I believe it is Paul telling the Greeks that the God they follow or have been seeking all along is Christ.

Of course I don’t believe all religions are the same, but I want to show that people who earnestly seek God who have not actually heard the good news can indeed still be saved in a vicariously through Christ and the Church.

Anyone know the verse? Google isn’t much help on this one!

Okay, I can do this one. :slight_smile:

*[] who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.](“http://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/r/rsv/rsv-idx?type=DIV2&byte=5402299”) (see link for context)

[9] The Lord is not slow about his promise as some count slowness, but is forbearing toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance (again, context)

The other passage you’re looking for is St. Paul’s Mars Hill discourse in [22] So Paul, standing in the middle of the Are-op’agus, said: "Men of Athens, I perceive that in every way you are very religious. [23] For as I passed along, and observed the objects of your worship, I found also an altar with this inscription, `To an unknown god.’ What therefore you worship as unknown, this I proclaim to you. . (see context)

Now certainly there are some who have wrongly sought to use the first two passages to support their belief in universalism, something that the church has never taught. and has condemned.

However, these all make the important point that God does indeed call all people and their searches are for the one true God , even as St. Paul brings out in Romans 1 so I’d look that up and get it all in good context.

God bless and have a good Advent and a terrific and peaceful Christmas.*

This is exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks CM!

Odell

:thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.