Lord where is your mercy?

I have been asking myself that question a lot lately. When I think of this miserable world and what we do to each other . The murder and abortion,crime etc. I ask "lord where is your mercy? " I say the divine mercy chaplet every day. Am I misunderstanding it? Is it only for when we die and are judged ? Does anyone think the same?

Dear friend,

It sounds like you have confused mercy with peace. Since there is no calm, you want to know where the mercy is. God’s mercy consists of His love reaching down to meet the needs and overcome the miseries of His creatures. See: thedivinemercy.org/news/What-Does-Divine-Mercy-Actually-Mean-2985

The fact that we still have a world at all suggests that God’s mercy is very present. But more importantly, God shows His mercy when we ask for it.

Certainly hostility, violence and misery characterize the way many people live in our culture. This is what happens when people ignore God. God will show His mercy when people ask for it.

Fr. Vincent Serpa, O.P.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.