Losing Hope

I have asked for prayers for my son and his wife before - Young family, 11 mo. old baby, another due in December, recovering drug addict, facing foreclosure, going into the Marines Monday. They are so stressed and do try but continue to fight and call me to referee. I have to bow out of their arguments as they are becoming dependent on me rather than working it out and I find out way more than I want or need. They only have 5 days left before he leaves. I can’t eat or relax and am physically ill with worry. Pray they look themselves in the mirror and all somehow falls into place for them. I am begging the Holy Spirit to work a miracle in their lives.

I guess they’re fighting a lot because they’re scared as well as stressed.

Thank You, Jesus that this young man overcame his addiction.

Jesus this mother needs some healthy space from the painful issues that her son and his wife are going through. Her lack of rest and peace exacerbates her anxiety for them. Please give her peaceful sleep. Help her to nurture herself so that she can cope with her sadness at their difficulties.

Please carry this family gently through the few day remaining before this young man leaves to join the Marines. Help his wife to overcome her panic and to arrive at trust and hope. Please give security and peace to her infant.
Let Your blessings flood into this family, Jesus

Amen to your prayers for your family and yourself, Trishie:hug1:

Praying for all of you.

Know that I am praying for you; for recovery, for financial stability and that the Lord might enter thier lives and find peace and true excitement in His word!

Hail Mary, full of Grace
The Lord is with you
Blessed are you amongst women
And Blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for our sinners
Now and at the hour of our death
Amen

I will be praying for you and them.

***+JMJTJ+

Your intentions will be in my prayers.***
Joining you in prayer to St Monica and the Holy Family.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

I believe (and pray) that your prayers may have already been answered. When this young man goes through the pain and uncertainty of leaving his wife and child…gets off that bus at Paris Island (or San Diego), and that DI (drill instructor) tells him to get off his (DI’s) bus and on the “yellow footprints” (marked on the sidewalk for recruits to stand on and be in the proper order)…and he discovers that internal and external discipline, and self-sacrifice for his fellow recruits and his mission are the keys to his success and his happiness…its not only “zero” tolerance for drugs…its “zero” tolerrance for excuses. He will gain a new perspective about being a husband and father: Honor (integrity, responsibility & accountability), Courage (do the right thing…do it the right way…do it for the right reasons), and Commitment (fidelity to [God, family] Country and [Marine] Corps) – the core values of the Marine Corps. If he does not quit and puts his best effort into his recruit training…he will become a U.S. Marine. Both he and his wife and especially their children will receive excellent medical care, an array of family support services (e.g., priest-chaplain who not only performs liturgical duties…but trains, lives with and deploys with his unit), and very adequate pay compensation to help them through these financial rough times…but make no mistake, he will have to earn these benefits each and every day of his service in The Corps…and his wife will have to be a member of the Marine Corps family (his unit’s Ombudsman program will help her/family if needed when he is deployed) because she will endure many sacrifices and trials due to his intense training schedules, numerous deployments and 24/7 service in a very uncertain and dangerous time in our world. Our son just returned from Iraq. My wife of 42 years and I feel like we are reliving many of the trials and tribulations of our 36 years of service in the Marine Corps. Yet, we would not change a thing…those sacrifices helped us immensely in understanding the sacrifices we needed to make for each other in our marriage and our five children…and fostered our spiritual growth and conversions–we are still a work in need of much progress! It was and always is the work and help of God’s incredibly powerful graces…through the awesome power of the Holy Spirit. All we have to do is be faithful…just like in the Corps…Semper Fidelis! We will pray for you and them and their children…as we pray everyday for our fellow Marines and service members and their families.

Your son and his family are in my prayers at Mass today.

Praying very hard for you and your son’s family!

I’m praying as well - for your son’s recovery, for his bravery, for your peace of mind and spirit, for your grandchildren, for your daughter-in-law…

Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Love and blessings,
Holly

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Next time they call on you to intervene, I suggest that instead of bowing out, you pray one or more Hail Marys with them. You can also throw in some other appropriate prayers as you see fit. But have them pray to Mary with you. It works. Seriously.

My prayer for your son’s family:

St. Joseph, protect their home. Pour forth heaven’s blessings on their family. Remain in their midst. Help them to live in love and harmony, in peace and joy. May the wholesome fear of God strengthen them that virtue may adorn what they do and their way may lead to heaven.

Encourage them to give you the key to their dwelling place. Lock out all things that cold do them harm. Lock their home and their loved ones with them in the hearts of Jesus and Mary. This we beg of you, that their days may be like your days in the holy home at Nazareth.

Amen.

Still praying for your son and his family as well as yourself . Don’t lose hope. :slight_smile:

God bless,
Ut

Prayers promised

Your respones and promises of prayer touch me to my core. My daughter in law is really struggling to the point that she has been ill. This causes my son more concern about her well being, that of their daughter and unborn daughter for the months to come. I know God is at work in their lives. If I may be so bold, please continue to keep them in your prayers for the months to come. God bless you all.

I am praying for your son, his family and you. May God be with all of you during this very trying time. Don’t lose hope!

Still praying very hard for them!

***+JMJTJ+

Praying without ceasing for you and your loved ones.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

Thanks so much - finding prayers posted bolsters me more than you could know. Blessings.

Pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy for all your family daily. Am doing so myself

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.