Lost my other animal thread

my other thread seems to have disappeared

2418 It is contrary to human dignity to cause animals to suffer or die needlessly. It is likewise unworthy to spend money on them that should as a priority go to the relief of human misery. One can love animals; one should not direct to them the affection due only to persons.

I know i’ve asked this but I’m still having trouble with it

technically every spare penny we spend can relieve some human misery.

does that we mean we shouldn’t donate to animal shelters?

or what about vet care, if your dog has cancer, and it can be removed with a surgery but it usually costs a lot of money. they tend to charge high prices. does it mean we shouldn’t get it done?

Likely the moderators removed the thread. You might want to message them and see before posting another thread if you happen to find one of yours removed.

I love animals, even from a young age, I recognized I was different from other kids, it bothered me to see a stray dog or cat suffering in the cold, or from hunger, so much sometimes, that I would get to school late from trying to somehow help the animal. Even as an adult, I do the same thing when I see the need.

I donate time and money to our local animal shelters quite often, but I generally do not donate to human causes, I think God made us all different for a reason, he made people like me, with a great love for animals, so there would be a certain number of people to help animals, and enough people to help with human causes on the other side.

I may be wrong in this, but I cannot change this about myself, its who I am as a person.

I would interpret it as not spending money on animals beyond what is reasonable. If you have a pet, of course you can take them to the vet. But the animal doesn’t need 10 different cutesy outfits or an excess of pet toys or extraordinary vet care if it’s obvious that the pet is not going to make it.

Angel, you need to stop this. This question was asked and answered. Yes, you can have pets and spend money on their care.
You need to get a spiritual director and a good therapist, yesterday.

Talk to your priest. Your scrupulosity will just make your life miserable.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.