Lost object & forgiveness prayer requested

I think I may have done something horrible and I am asking for prayers. My grandmother is in a nursing home for rehab and will be sent home soon. I took the opportunity to clean her apartment. She lives with clutter that she wouldn’t part with without incredible anxiety (she’s a hoarder), so I decided to clean while she wasn’t there. While cleaning, I just discovered I may have accidentally tossed her wedding rings into the trash. She had numerous pills, pill bottles and pill organizers. I set most of them aside, but on her kitchen table, she had more pill organizers and so I decided she had too many and tossed a few. Now she tells me she stored her wedding rings in one of the pill organizers on the table, that I shouldn’t just throw them away if I happen to visit her apartment. I fear it may be too late, that prayers may not help, but I am humbley asking for your help. If it turns out they are gone, please pray I may be forgiven for this horrible act. I hope I can forgive myself! I will look for the rings when I go there, ASAP, and hope they are there! Thank you! God Bless

Praying!

Hi Leanne

I know that it isn’t easy but try not to be so hard on yourself. Many times I have tried to do something good for others and only to have it backfire on me. :o

I don’t know of a specific prayer to find lost objects except to pray to St. Anthony of Padua. He’s very good in these situations. In the meantime, I will pray the Lord’s Prayer for you.

Our Father … Amen

Thank you for your prayers! My grandmother went to the nursing home because she fell. I thought I would help her by making her house less cluttered and safer. It was a good deed taken too far. This was her place and her things. Even though it was easier to do it while she wasn’t there (and her place hasn’t been cleaned in 10+ yrs), it wasn’t my place to go in there without asking her permission. I will pray to St. Anthony. If the rings are indeed lost for good, I pray my grandmother, who is a very devout catholic, who spends her final days praying for others, who believes in Devine Mercy, will find it within herself to for give me, her grand-daughter.

Praying for the intercession of St. Anthony of Pudua the Patron Saint of lost or stolen items.

Holy St. Anthony, gentlest of Saints, your love for God
and Charity for His creatures made you worthy, when on
earth, to possess miraculous powers. Miracles waited on
your word, which you were ever ready to speak for those in
trouble or anxiety. Encouraged by this thought, I implore
of you to obtain for me (request). The answer to my prayer
may require a miracle. Even so, you are the saint of
Miracles.

O gentle and loving St. Anthony, whose heart was ever full
of human sympathy, whisper my petition into the ears of the
Sweet Infant Jesus, who loved to be folded in your arms, and
the gratitude of my heart will ever be yours.

Amen.

I ask God to help you in this.

Thank you!!!
I pray that God and St. Anthony and Jesus and all who prayed accept my deepest gratitude for a prayer answered!!!
I went to my grandmother’s house last night, I couldn’t put it off any longer, and looked through the massive pile of pill bottles and pill organizers, and there, inside a crusty pill box, mixed in with some pills that were crushed and old, I found my grandmother’s wedding rings. Oh my heart feels so lifted, so thankful, so unburdened. Oh I pray, thank you thank you thank you!!

Praise God and God bless you!

Praise God!

:clapping:

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit!
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be.
World without end.
Amen.

Leanne169- Praying for you and your grandmother

Litany of St. Anthony of Padua

Lord have mercy. Lord have mercy.
Christ have mercy. Christ have mercy.
Lord have mercy. Lord have mercy.

For those of us who have lost…
our health, St. Anthony, pray for us.
our peace of mind, St. Anthony, pray for us.
our housing, St. Anthony, pray for us.
our financial security, St. Anthony, pray for us.
a loved one, St. Anthony, pray for us.
our dreams, St. Anthony, pray for us.
our talents, St. Anthony, pray for us.
our initial zeal, St. Anthony, pray for us.
our sobriety, St. Anthony, pray for us.
our faith, St. Anthony, pray for us.
our self-respect, St. Anthony, pray for us.
our perspective, St. Anthony, pray for us.
our innocence, St. Anthony, pray for us.
our independence, St. Anthony, pray for us.
peace within our families, St. Anthony, pray for us.
civil peace, St. Anthony, pray for us.
our trust in others, St. Anthony, pray for us.
our virtue, St. Anthony, pray for us.
our home, St. Anthony, pray for us.
(add your own personal intention for Leanne169’s grandmother’s rings), St. Anthony, pray for us.

Lamb of God, You take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.

Let us pray: All loving God, You have given us St. Anthony, the patron of the lost, as an intercessor of those who are in need of your mercy. Listen to his voice as he calls out to You on our behalf, and grant those things which will help us grow in Your love. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

St. Anthony, St. Anthony
Please come down
Something is lost Leanne169’s grandmother’s rings
And can’t be found

Patron Saints of Lost Articles

saints.sqpn.com/patrons-of-lost-articles/

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.