Lost Person-Thinking of Others

Although My Marital situation is worse than ever and help from the Lord has not come I sit here in this horrible pain but want to do something good and not be selfish. First I want to reach out and Thank everyone who has responded to my Posts and Prayed for me. Believe me your thoughts and Prayers were appreciated. Most days are bad for me but usually when I write a Thread it is a day when pain is unbearable. These Threads are my only way of releasing some of the pain.

Secondly, I want to offer up my Prayers for those who have problems far worse than mine; disease, sick children, dying or deceased relatives and friends. I often wonder why the Lord would take time to bother with my problems when these people need his help much more. So, in some small way I understand why no help has come.

Lord I Pray for each of these people that you have Mercy for them and ease their suffering.Help them to overcome their problems and find Peace. I feel for them and sometimes feel guilty for begging you for help because of my marital problems. I offer my Prayers for them with the holp that, even though my one voice is small and insignificant maybe combined with others you may decide to help them and bring them comfort. Lord, although I am a Sinner, I want no pain for others and have feelings for those going through these traumatic experiences.
This world, to me, is an evil and ugly place. Any help you can provide to these tortured souls is a Blessing. Lord I Love you and Pray that you help those who have no Hope except you.

Our Lord is big enough to help each and every one of us with our problems, he doesn’t categorize them as being one person needs more help then another, we all are his children, and all in different states of need.

Keep your prayers flowing, trust in our Lord, if you want to throw one in for my uncle, he’s now at likely his last week on earth, reduced to a pile of skin covered bones, what a horrible way to go, all I can say, but in his torment and suffering, he has kept the faith, which is what this life is all about. The body may die, but the spirit lives on, and it does in you as well.

These are words from Our lady to Juan Diego, I have them on a prayer card I keep with me, they apply to all of us in need and anxiety, they are also fitting for you to take to heart as well:

Hear me and understand well, my son the least, that nothing should frighten or grieve you. Let not your heart be disturbed. Do not fear that sickness, nor any other sickness or anguish. Am I not here, who is your Mother? Are you not under my protection? Am I not your health? Are you not happily within my fold? What else do you wish? Do not grieve nor be disturbed by anything.

Dear Friend, I don't know that there are worse problems than not feeling loved.
My father is dying of cancer and he has worse to come, but I see his peace, I see the love in his smile and the peace in realizing how much he is loved.
His smile carries a very personal message of love to each of us his children.

Anything is bearable if you are genuinely loved, and we are created with the need to love and be loved, so I don't think we can grade your pain below that of others who appear to be suffering more...you are clearly suffering profoundly as does anyone who needs to be loved in any situation. In some form or other many prayer requests and many ventings have at their root the need for genuine and active love of others.

It is good that you determine to pray for others who are suffering. Perhaps help has come in the form of this charity you choose to exercise for others. Prayer is an act of charity...and remember what Jesus said about charity to others. It's the bottom line. If you read Matthew 25 verses 31-46, you will be reminded that Jesus who is judge of souls will judge souls on the basis of practical acts of charity. Prayer is one of those, and if possible other practical acts of kindness...even if your life only allows for small acts like kind smiles, kind words, a helping hand.

Another scripture that may give you purpose, is Isaiah 53 verses 1-12. As a follower of Christ you can emulate Him...you see how little regard the Suffering Servant receives from others, but he prays and suffers for others, and in the end, hordes of people are saved due to that participation in God's grace.

I've never found my marriage relationship particularly warming, and at times downright lonely and sad. The fact is that I don't think my husband can help it, but I do know he is a truly good and moral man. He can be extremely hard on me and sometimes, as for you, my feelings can crescendo to extreme pain. He is ill and there seems little likelihood of change. It took an awful lot of growth, and a deep spiritual life, for me to live with a happiness and purpose that doesn't depend on whether or not my husband shows any affection. I may have seemed to dismiss your pain to some extent in a couple of previous posts, but I do in fact understand. I find comfort though, knowing that my husband is actually a very good man and does the best he can according to his personality and difficulties. I had to learn that his responses that I sometimes find very difficult are actually not personal, so for me to take them personally was self-destructive.

I'm truly sorry for your hurt, and pray God will help you, and I pray also that however you proceed with God's grace, perhaps gradually something of that grace will communicate in time to your wife.

“We had all gone astray like sheep, each taking his own way, and God burdened Him with the sins of us all. Harshly dealt with, He bore it humbly…God has been pleased to crush Him with suffering…And through Him what God wishes will be done.” “His soul’s anguish over He shall see the light and be content. By His sufferings shall my servant justify many…for surrendering Himself to death and letting Himself be taken for a sinner, while He was bearing the faults of many and praying all the while for sinners.” [Isaiah 52:4-6, 10-11]

The following poem “But” was written by a Divine Word Missionary, inspiring us to love of others, even in the smallest gestures of human kindness.

It was only a sunny smile,
And little it cost in the giving;
But it scattered the night
Like morning light,
And made the day worth living.
Through life’s dark warp a woof it wove
In shining colours of hope and love;
And the angels smiled as they watched above,
Yet little it cost in the giving.

It was only a kindly word, a word that was lightly spoken;
But not in vain,
For it stilled the pain
Of a heart that was nearly broken
It strengthened a faith beset with fears,
And groping blindly through mists of tears,
For light to brighten the coming years,
Although it was lightly spoken.

It was only a helping hand
And it seemed of little availing;
But its clasp was warm,
And it saved from harm
A brother whose strength was failing.
Its touch was tender as angels’ wings
But it rolled the stone from the hidden springs
And pointed the way to higher things,
Though it seemed of little availing.

Sitting here in front of the keyboard wishing I could visit with you,
but please know you have friends and family in us.

How lonely Jesus must have felt, when the three most trusted disciples fell asleep instead of praying with Him as he faced tortures. And how He must have felt when He looked down from the cross as He hung with his ruined body trembling with physical shock resulting from the torture. How abandoned He surely felt, for, of the twelve whom He had made constant companions, whom He had trusted and taught, who had seen His love manifest, and His miracles…only one remained, only one stood with Him at the foot of His cross, only John.

Jesus knows how you feel, Love. Go to Him for understanding and comfort, and strength to forgive, and to carry on, as He did.

Your sister Trishie

Please know you have friends and family in us.

How lonely Jesus must have felt, when the three most trusted disciples fell asleep instead of praying with Him as he faced tortures. And how He must have felt when He looked down from the cross as He hung with his ruined body trembling with physical shock resulting from the torture. How abandoned He surely felt, for, of the twelve whom He had made constant companions, whom He had trusted and taught, who had seen His love manifest, and His miracles…only one remained, only one stood with Him at the foot of His cross, only John.

Jesus knows how you feel, Love. Go to Him for understanding and comfort, and strength to forgive, and to carry on, as He did.

Your sister Trishie

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.