Lost person - what is the use?

For all who have sent replies and Prayers to my previous Posts I Thank You from the bottom of my Heart.Your Messages were a big comfort to me.
My life has been a troubled one. A void has existed in me since I was a teenager. As my 56th Birthday comes this week I find myself as I have for all of my adult life. all of the material things and no one to share my Life with that gives me inner Peace. I met ONE person, my Wife, who I feel that about. No one believes this and I understand. As I write this I know that no one can help me and the Lord has not seen fit to save my Marriage. I understand this and still Love God and Pray for my Peace in a better place. I have resigned myself to the fact that my Wife will be gone soon and the Depression and alcoholism will soon be back.
Lord I ask you: WHY. You know all that is in my heart. You know the good and the bad about me.You know that I come to you begging for help with a clear coscience about my Marriage.You know that when you brought this lady and I back together how Depressed and lonely I was. That I had just about given up on Life and that, through you, she, your messenger, saved me. You know that I made mistakes but I kept my word, when I was begging you for her, I have given my all to care for and please her, but to no avail. Do with me as you please Lord but take care of my Wife. Let her have a Christian and Peaceful Life without me if that is your will.
At this point I ask you to end my suffering and not allow me to be an embarrassment to my Family. I Love you Lord.

I'll pray for you. You might listen to one of Fr. Benedict Groeschel's audio broadcasts from the EWTN web site (faith and hope 6/25/06, and when everything falls apart 6/19/06).

As Fr. Groeschel says, when life seems totally unfair, when nothing makes sense at all, go on with faith, and God will take care of you.

Thank You for the reply. If I can get that Station, in Chicago, I will try. I am lost and indeed everything is falling apart. I do not understand and desperately need the Lord’s help. For me, my Wedding day was extremely Sacred. I have known for many years that my Life had never experienced TOTAL Love and commitment to another person (within God’s Sacred Vows of Marriage) and knew that I needed that commitment to make my Life complete. I read your quote from the father and Pray that God will take care of me.

If you don’t get EWTN, try www.ewtn.com where you can watch streaming video or listen to streaming audio.

Since you are troubled by suffering maybe you should check out Peter Kreeft, whose website carries an audio lecture about suffering as well as a piece of writing.

I will pray for you.

Praying for you. Don't give up.

Remember, Job lost everything and then got it all back double. Hang in there.

Sam, the Neon Orange Knight

Whoa whoa whoa… slow down man, don’t give up hope! Remember that nothing is impossible with God! (Luke 1:37). God can &*** will*** save your marriage & give you peace of heart… but you have to accept this & respond to His love… it may be rough for a while but the important thing is that you place your trust in the Lord!

I recommend praying with Psalm 40:

1 I waited patiently for the LORD;
he turned to me and heard my cry.

2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.
3 He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear
and put their trust in the LORD.
4 Blessed is the man
who makes the LORD his trust,
who does not look to the proud,
to those who turn aside to false gods. a]
5 Many, O LORD my God,
are the wonders you have done.
The things you planned for us
no one can recount to you;
were I to speak and tell of them,
they would be too many to declare.
6 Sacrifice and offering you did not desire,
but my ears you have pierced **(“http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+40&version=NIV#fen-NIV-14532b”)] , c] ;
burnt offerings and sin offerings
you did not require.
7 Then I said, "Here I am, I have come—
it is written about me in the scroll. d]
8 I desire to do your will, O my God;
your law is within my heart."
9 I proclaim righteousness in the great assembly;
I do not seal my lips,
as you know, O LORD.
10 I do not hide your righteousness in my heart;
I speak of your faithfulness and salvation.
I do not conceal your love and your truth
from the great assembly.
11 Do not withhold your mercy from me, O LORD;
may your love and your truth always protect me.
12 For troubles without number surround me;
my sins have overtaken me, and I cannot see.
They are more than the hairs of my head,
and my heart fails within me.
13 Be pleased, O LORD, to save me;
O LORD, come quickly to help me.
14 May all who seek to take my life
be put to shame and confusion;
may all who desire my ruin
be turned back in disgrace.
15 May those who say to me, "Aha! Aha!"
be appalled at their own shame.
16 But may all who seek you
rejoice and be glad in you;
may those who love your salvation always say,
“The LORD be exalted!” 17 Yet I am poor and needy;
may the Lord think of me.
You are my help and my deliverer;
O my God, do not delay.

Finally, I live you with the Gospel of St. John

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not let them be afraid” - John 14:27 (From today’s Gospel)

You are in my prayers!

Your brother in Christ,
Zachary

Lost ~ I feel for you as I am in the same situation. I am 40 years old and am faced with the reality of growing old alone. I cannot tell you how much I prayed and how many people I had praying for our marriage yet here I sit, a single mother of 3. I feel the same way you do about my wedding vows and I had the same issues of embarrassment that you speak of. There were days when I felt like I couldn’t take it any more and prayed that somehow God would just put me out of my misery.

The best advice I have is trust in God by doing His will as best you know how. There is grace in suffering. You will get through this and will come out of it a better person for it. You must trust that God has a plan for you.

There is a Lighthouse CD titled Making Sense Out of Suffering that helped me. Another one that help me was the Anger and Resentment CD. They probably have them at your parish, they are $3 each. If not, you can order them online.

Keep praying. You WILL find an amazing peace within yourself.

I will remember you in my prayers. The pain you are going through is real and something I wouldn’t wish on anyone.

Dear "Lost",

Trust in the Lord who loves you infinitely, and you will find your way.

You are still here on this earth, and the Lord has plans for you.

Let Jesus and His Blessed Mother be the focus of your life each day.

God bless you....

I’m sorry, Brother. I will pray for you. I know addictions and I know depression. I know that there are no easy answers, and I know just how miserable life can be - even when it looks to others like you have it pretty good. You might want to consider vollunteering at a soup kitchen or a hospital - sometimes helping the weakest people among us can provide a sense of purpose that was missing in our lives. I am sorry, and I will pray for you. Hang in there.

My dh and I almost split at month 9. He left the house and we both had restraining orders. He had gotten physical and there was pure evil influence that was involved that wanted him back to his old ways. I prayed to both of our patron Saints to intercede to the Lord on our behalf. It gave me peace. That peace gave me the ability to right things on my end and allowed the Holy Spirit to work miracles him. Now we have a model marriage. Through Him all things are possible.

If this is not what God wants for you then we cannot know what lesson is to come from this but if you pick up that drink then you will never know what God has in store for you. I hve put aside everything I thought I wanted in life to do servce to Him and He ahs given me a different kind of happiness ten fold that I cannot even tell you about. Go see your priest. I am not one for meetings. It is just my preference. I get more from mass. If your preference meetings and mass do that. If you want the mass only option - do it daily. Pray often.

H old

O n

P ray

E very day

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.