LOST season 6

Who else is as excited as I am? Just a few more days and it's the beginning of the end! :D

I’ve not seen a prediction about what is going to happen.

But I have a theory. . . .

Want to know what it is??

VC

I can't wait. As much as I don't want Lost to end, I can't wait to see how it ends.

Here, here! I'm very interested on how it will end. Unfortunately, I have a feeling it won't end with all questions being answered and some of the plot threads of the last five seasons will just be dropped.

JJ Abrams’ Mystery Box! (some bad language).

As a young man Abrams bought a sealed “mystery box” from a magic store that contained “$50 dollars worth of magic tricks for $15.” He never opened it. He still has it today – sealed – and it sits in his office.

Will he reveal everything there is to reveal this last season? I doubt it. Maybe he is giving the audience their very own mystery box to lug around for years.

VC

But, I have a theory about what is going to happen next. . . .

Does everyones theory involve Bunnies?? :D (sorry buffy TVS reference).

I am trying not to have a theory, but I do. I'm probably wrong, as I'm not as big of a "Lostie" as some.

[quote="AmberDale, post:6, topic:184644"]
I am trying not to have a theory, but I do. I'm probably wrong, as I'm not as big of a "Lostie" as some.

[/quote]

Maybe that will give you a better chance at getting it right.

So, care to share your theory?
VC

Sure I guess. I have two thoughts.

1. The timeline is exactly the same as it always was. But instead of someone from the past doing it, they set off the incident. Now They are going to be a part of the others and Claire is in the jungle like Russo, looking for her baby. :shrug:
  2. Blowing the bomb (if it happened) does change the past slightly, but they don’t get to leave the island. It changes it enough, where Jacob isn’t stabbed and killed by Ben in the future. They get transported back to the right timeline, but get to stop the pseudo-Locke from having Ben kill them.

I have no idea. I just started following right before Season 4. My friend made me watch Seasons 1-3 on her DVD’s :D. I don’t read everything online.

What are everyone else thoughts/theories?

I have to say, I'm going to go nuts if the news/TV commercials start spoiling it for me because I only got as far as season 4 and my parents won't let me watch anymore of it until I go to college. :(

Bumping this thread b/c DH and I are soooo excited for tomorrow night! :bounce:

I too don’t want to see it end but will also be happy to get some answers. We’ve watched it since day 1 and are crazy fanatics! :smiley:

I’m trying to plan a LOST-inspired menu for dinner/snacks tomorrow night…anyone have any great ideas they want to share? The only thing we really wouldn’t do would be boar. :stuck_out_tongue: (we don’t eat pork)

Mangoes, Appollo bars :smiley:

I would print out Dharma logos (Swan, Arrow, Pearl, Flame, etc) on white paper and affix them to every snack box or soda bottle around. Man, I should throw a Lost themed party for the final episode. So excited for tonight, but its a bittersweet moment: tonight is the beginning of the end! :crying:

Speaking of Dharma logos, is it strange that Dharma food on the show is always packaged in Swan logos even before Radzinsky created the Swan Station for electromagnetic research? It makes me wonder if the Swan site was originally supposed to be a food and supply delivery depot (example: mysterious delivery of food pallet during Season 2) before Radzinsky redesigned it for electromagnetic research.

[quote="novaslasher, post:12, topic:184644"]
I would print out Dharma logos (Swan, Arrow, Pearl, Flame, etc) on white paper and affix them to every snack box or soda bottle around. Man, I should throw a Lost themed party for the final episode.

[/quote]

Actually, that's what I did! I was over on the LOST message board and someone had posted a link to another site that has labels you can print out for lots of food and drinks. My DH thought it was a bit overboard but chuckled anyway! :p

So excited for tonight, but its a bittersweet moment: tonight is the beginning of the end! :crying:

[/quote]

I know what you mean. I'm so excited for this season, but I'll miss it when it's done! Thankfully we own seasons 1-5 on DVD and we'll get 6 when it comes out! :D

Speaking of Dharma logos, is it strange that Dharma food on the show is always packaged in Swan logos even before Radzinsky created the Swan Station for electromagnetic research? It makes me wonder if the Swan site was originally supposed to be a food and supply delivery depot (example: mysterious delivery of food pallet during Season 2) before Radzinsky redesigned it for electromagnetic research.

[/quote]

You know, I was thinking about this yesterday actually while I was putting labels on things. I love this show! :D

So anyone want to chat about the episode? If you haven't watched it yet stop reading now.....SPOILERS BELOW!!!

The whole island under water thing in the beginning is throwing me off.....I guess we're not supposed to know which is actually happening: blowing the bomb worked and they all land safely, etc., OR it didn't work and now they're at the temple with the Others.

I think watching "Locke" turn into the bad guy this season will be interesting. I mean, I know it's not Locke, it's Jacob's ex-friend, but still, watching Terry O'Quinn play such a different type of character should be good. It was cool to see Ben with such a terrified look on his face wasn't it? I mean, usually he's the one inflicting the terror!

I felt SO terrible for Sawyer! :( When we found out Juliet was alive I was so happy -- I always liked her character. I was disappointed when she died.

[quote="Verbum_Caro, post:2, topic:184644"]
I've not seen a prediction about what is going to happen.

But I have a theory. . . .

Want to know what it is??

VC

[/quote]

So how'd your theory pan out? :)

I wasn't too far off in some of my predictions (though now I can't recally if they were actually my predictions or if I picked them up online somewhere at the end of Season 5 :o).

SPOILERS BELOW!!

I guessed that the white flash at the end of Season 5 was really them time jumping back to the present rather than the bomb actually going off. I guess I was only half right there as it seems to have both worked and not worked at the same time. :confused:

I also figured that the new Locke / Jacob's nemesis was the Smoke monster. I think I saw someone suggest this online, but it seemed to make a lot of sense. If this "Nemesis" was also the smoke monster and he could also take on the form of people who have died (Locke, Jack's father, Ben's daughter, etc.) then it seems to answer a lot of unanswered questions for me.

END SPOILERS

Needless to say: SPOILERS!!! GLORIOUS SPOILERS!!!

Welllllll… . . .

Too early to tell yet? I, like you, thought the flash from last season was a time jump, but I didn’t expect two timelines simultaneously.

My theory was that those caught in the flash would get a second chance to change their fate – because those people were the people specifically targeted by Jacob pre-Island (except Hurley, who I think was only contacted post-Island).

In other words – Kate won’t turn to a life of crime, Sawyer won’t be consumed by revenge, Locke won’t get pushed out of a window, Jin would be nice, etc.

But now I wonder if the whole point of the Jacob interaction was to give them a choice to begin with. . . free-will and all that. As if Jacob wanted them on the island. . . but wasn’t going to force them there. I.e. if Kate had taken Jacob’s words to heart and didn’t steal any more, would she have been on the flight?

Good job figuring out the smoke monster. I missed that one. And if it is true that the man-in-black is smokey and also any dead person. . . can he also impersonate Jacob?

Speaking of dead Jacob, perhaps he has a similar MO with dead people – but instead of impersonating them and leaving their dead body around (e.g. Locke) could he just inhabit a body (e.g. Saiyid)?

Interesting that the ash was to keep smokey/mib out. I suppose it was around the cabin not to protect Jacob, but rather the others who went to speak with Jacob. Interesting that the fence also kept smokey out. Works like a “charm”.

Now that we know, I think, that mib can impersonate people, it looks like he has been playing a “long con” the whole time. Didn’t Ben see his dead mother when he was a kid to get him to join the others? And there was even a webisode that had Christian Shepherd on the island telling the dog to go get someone right after the crash!

VC

Interesting how there are differences in the alternate reality such as Christian’s coffin going missing on the plane and the Island existing under the sea. It amazes me how Christian seems to be threaded into the plot.

It was a great episode, but it sure seems that every time they promise answers we get more questions!

SPOILERS Indeed! :slight_smile:

That’s an interesting thought about Sayid and Jacob. You could be onto something. There’s definitely something going on there.

I was wondering if MIB could impersonate Jacob, too. I guess we’ll see…

I think you’re right on about the whole “long con” thing. That creates an interesting connection then between MIB and Sawyer. Hmmm. I have to go through and watch the earlier seasons again. Perhaps that will be a summertime activity. :slight_smile:

See Schrödinger’s cat experiment and the various interpretations of it, i.e. Copenhagen, Many Worlds, etc. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schroedingers_cat

Last night left me with a lot of “WHAT!” moments, especially during the first commercial break :smiley:

On Jimmy Kimmel Live, the executive producers gave “hints” (if you call it that :wink: ) . Jimmy asked about the Jacob reincarnated as Sayid theory. They said “Nice theory, not quite. Keep watching, but close”… :shrug:

I wonder if MIB takes on the form of Sayid too since Sayid entered the temple before the circle was made?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.