Lost Son

Please pray for my son J.L. who used to be God-fearing, but is now living in sin with a single mom, 7 years his senior and have influenced my son not to communicate with us.:crying:

Lord, please convert the heart of Madith’s son and bring him to deep repentance. Help him to see his sins and move him to confess them to a priest. Help him to see that co-habitating is wrong and inspire him to make new living arrangements. Have mercy on him, Lord. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer.

Praying hard for your son.

Praying… :slight_smile:

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

I’m praying for you and your son. I hope everything will work out ok.

God bless.

:gopray2:To all who prayed with me for my lost son, I am sending you my heartfelt gratitude. I have enough faith that when two or more are gathered in His Name, He will be in their midst. Now, I know that my prayers, together with yours will soon be heard, because you helped me storm Heaven with prayers. In God’s time, im sure that my son will soon have a change of heart and come back to the fold of the Lord. Thank you so much to all of you and thank you, Lord. :thankyou:

I pray that the Lord will touch you son and return him to his faith and family.

Hail Mary,
Full of grace,
The Lord is with thee;
And blessed is the Fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.

Holy Mary,
Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now, and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of grace,
The Lord is with thee;
Jesus.

Holy Mary,
Mother of God
Pray for us sinners

Amen.

Stumbled upon this prayer in looking for one to St. Monica for wayward children and thought this was a darn good prayer as well. You don’t neccessarily need the chaplet to say it and I prayer one for your intentions.

**Chaplet of St. Monica for Despondent Mothers
Composed by M. Kadala and R. Eicher

This chaplet comprises a medal and 32 beads — one for each year St. Monica wept and prayed for the conversion and salvation of her son, Augustine. There are two beads on the pendant, and six groups of five beads (one large and four small).

Begin on the medal with the prayer of St. Monica:
“O holy Monica, by your burning tears and unceasing prayers, you did save your son from eternal damnation. Obtain for us the grace ever to comprehend what is most conducive to the salvation of our children, so that we may effectively restrain them from the way of sin and lead them by that of virtue and piety to heaven!”

On the first pendant bead, pray Our Father

On the second pendant bead, pray Come, Holy Spirit,
Come, Holy Spirit, and fill the hearts of your faithful, and kindle in them the fire of Your Divine Love. Send forth Your Spirit and they shall be created, and You shall renew the face of the earth. Oh God, Who by the light of the Holy Spirit instructed the hearts of the faithful, Grant, that by the same Spirit we may be truly wise and ever rejoice in His consolation. We ask this through Christ Our Lord.

On the loop:
For each group of five, on the large bead, pray one of the petitions below, followed by Hail Mary on each of the four small beads:

1. I join my tears to yours — against the spirit of Despair, toward the spirit of Hope — Saint Monica, pray for me (us) in the Holy Name of Jesus!
    4 Hail Marys…

2. I join my tears to yours — against the spirit of Anger, toward the spirit of Love — Saint Monica, pray for me in the Holy Name of Jesus!
    4 Hail Marys…

3. I join my tears to yours — against the spirit of Blame, toward the spirit of Forgiveness — Saint Monica, pray for me in the Holy Name of Jesus!
    4 Hail Marys…

4. I join my tears to yours — against the spirit of Suspicion, toward the spirit of Trust — Saint Monica pray for me in the Holy Name of Jesus!
    4 Hail Marys…

5. I join my tears to yours — against the spirit of Doubt, toward the spirit of Faith — Saint Monica, pray for me in the Holy Name of Jesus!
    4 Hail Marys…

6. I join my tears to yours — against the spirit of Fear, toward the spirit of Peace — Saint Monica, pray for me in the Holy Name of Jesus!
    4 Hail Marys…

Returning to pendant, on the first bead pray:
“Saint Monica, Exemplary mother of the great Augustine, you perserveringly pursued your wayward son not with wild threats but with prayerful cries to heaven. Intercede for all mothers in our day so that they may learn to draw their children to God. Teach them how to remain close to their children, even the prodigal sons and daughters who have sadly gone astray.”

On the next pendant bead, pray:
“O great Saint Augustine, take our children under your protection! To our efforts in their behalf, join your intercession for them with God. Exert all your influence and, with the compassion of your loving heart, intercede with the Most Holy Trinity for them. Permit not that our children, sanctified in the waters of baptism, should through mortal sin be banished from the presence of God and suffer eternal punishment.”

On the medal:
“Lord Jesus Christ, only Son of the Eternal Father, have mercy on us and on our children! Lord, graciously hear us! Amen.”

Dear wild thing:angel1:,

Thank you so much for sharing with me The Chaplet of St.Monica for Despondent Mothers.You’ll never know how this could aid a mother’s grieving heart, whose only prayer is to save her son from damnation and bring him back to the fold of the Almighty.

May God’s blessings be with you always,
Madith

Mother Mary who so loves your Son,
please intercede for this mother’s son.

Continuing prayers for your son J.L. …

:gopray:

Lord Jesus, be merciful to Madith and call her son back to the fold of the Church. Hear our prayers, Lord Jesus, for You said that when two or more people are gathered in Your name, You are in their midst. Comfort her in her affliction and give her the grace and the strength to live her life in her vocation. Grant this through the intercession of Your most Blessed Mother and our Mother. Amen.

Hello-

I have seen this may times with people I grew up with. I am sorry you are going thru this. The Lord will take care of it in his time. It usually never lasts when one puts things before God. I will pray…

Hail Mary,
Full of grace,
The Lord is with thee;
Jesus.

Holy Mary,
Mother of God
Pray for us sinners

Amen.

Loving Father in Heaven, I thank you for these people who unselfishly give their time and efforts to pray for the concerns of others, despite their own concerns too. Knowing that there are people like them who pray for me and with me is already a great alleviation to my grief. May You continue to pour Your blessings upon them, and may i too, would have the perseverance and persistence to pray not only for the salvation of my lost son, but also for the people who are most in need of prayers.To You be the glory and praises, Lord.

Jesus please grant Madith’s prayers for her son.
She is heartbroken for both his soul and his future.,
and because she has lost communication with her son.
Please send Your Angels to begin resolution of all these issues.
Jesus may Your love and goodness prevail in these lives.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.