Lourdes 1914

The Project Gutenburg has an ebook worth mentioning and leaving open for discussion here. gutenberg.org/files/18729/18729-h/18729-h.htm

LOURDES
BY
THE VERY REV. MONSIGNOR
ROBERT HUGH BENSON

Nihil Obstat:

S. GEORGIUS KIERAN HYLAND, S.T.D.,
CENSOR DEPUTATUS

Imprimatur:

GULIELMUS F. BROWN,
VICARIUS GENERALIS,
SOUTHWARCENSI.

15 Maii, 1914.

Beautiful,

Thank you!

i hope to travel there one day!

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

mark

[quote="Mark77, post:2, topic:179798"]
Beautiful,

Thank you!

i hope to travel there one day!

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

mark

[/quote]

Mark,

I too would like to go there some day.

Beautiful

I did not hesitate to place this almost 100 year old memoir among the new and popular media and books on this thread.

Monsignor Benson writes -

This, then, is the supreme fact of Lourdes: that Jesus Christ in His Sacrament passes along that open square, with the sick laid in beds on either side; and that at His word the lame walk and lepers are cleansed and deaf hear—that they are seen leaping and dancing for joy.

There is at Lourdes not a marriage feast, but something very like a deathbed. The Mother of Jesus is there with her Son. It is she again who takes the initiative. "Here is water," she seems to say; "dig, Bernadette, and you will find it." But it is no more than water. Then she turns to her Son. "They have water," she says, "but no more." And then He comes forth in His power. "Draw out now from all the sick beds of the world and bear them to the Governor of the Feast. Use the commonest things in the world—physical pain and common water. Bring them together, and wait until I pass by." Then Jesus of Nazareth passes by; and the sick leap from their beds, and the blind see, and the lepers are cleansed, and devils are cast out.

It is this—that for every miracle that takes place in the piscines, I should guess that a dozen take place while That which we believe to be Jesus Christ goes by.

Glory be to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit! As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be!

Thanks for the link!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.