Love those whose doctrines are wrong

I’m noticing on this message board that there are some sarcastic anti-protestant statements that are being presented as “humor.” Personally, I feel they fall more under the category of “a poor witness.” In my understanding, this is supposed to be a Catholic message board, not an anti-protestant message board.

I don’t think God is amused at people’s faulty ideas regarding Him or salvation. I believe that God wants all people to be saved and come to know the truth. (1 Timothy 2:4.)

I don’t think we should laugh at the notion that some people believe that Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene, and that these people use some painting in France that claims to be of Jesus’ daughter as evidence to “prove” that claim. As ridiculous as this sounds to us, there are real people who were raised CATHOLIC and have fallen victim to that lie. I don’t think God considers this to be a laughing matter, so neither should we. (I use that as an example. To my knowledge, that specific issue hasn’t come up on this message board.)

I don’t think we should laugh at the way so many people think that the true Church went underground until Martin Luther brought it back. Yes, it is logically ridiculous, as is the doctrine of Sola-Scriptura when understood in the context of history, and what the Bible itself says, but these are people’s actual beliefs, and as farcically off-base as they are, they are no laughing matter to God.

In order to love God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength, and love our neighbor as ourselves, we should be praying in line with 1 Timothy 2:4, rather than mocking people’s false beliefs, or pridefully acting superior to them.

Yes, there are times when some Protestants come onto these forums and make statements that are logically assinine. We should lovingly correct them, and point our how irrational and historically inaccurate what they are claiming is. But, this needs to be done with love and charity. I’ve seen sarcastic protestant bashing, even under a thread in which no protestant replied. This is uncalled for, in my opinion.

Sure, humor has its place, but I don’t feel that faulty theology which could potentially cost someone their eternal salvation is any laughing matter, no matter how far off-base and illogical they may be. Just my opinion. Any commentaries, other than, “stop judging us” would be appreciated. Thank you.

Very well and lovingly put.May the Lord Bless you.:thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.