Love thy neighbor (Muslim)

May I ask a special favor from each and everyone of you?

Many of you may have noticed the discrimination of Catholics in many countries. I am glad that on this website, we Catholics are generally free from such evil malicious acts against us.

Unfortunately, it is obvious that it is not only us who are discriminated. Our brother Muslims suffer from a lot of prejudice by ignorant people around the world especially in Western nations.

Please pray for these people as well. They are not Christian but it is our noble duty to help others in love and charity and to defend them against ignorant men who preach hatred against them.

Thank you and God Bless,:thumbsup:

True, no matter what has been said or done, we must forgive and pray for others, regardless.

Hi

very truly.

Thanks

There is only one Covenant.
The covenant has been the same, as first time it is mentioned in Bible with reference to Noah; and from Noah to date, nobody could change it; if at all one could confirm it or revive it or face the Wrath of GodAllahYHWH.

This in my mind is the passage that definitively takes Jesus, the Gospel and Christianity and separates them from all other religions: 38"You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ 39But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. 41If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. 42Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

43"You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?
-St Matthew 5
The foundation of all other religions is “Eye for eye” and “Love your neighbor and hate your enemy”. Only Jesus Himself could propose a more perfect path, yes it is hard for man, and even goes against our natural urges, but it is the more perfect and Godly path.

The last few verses carry the greatest sting of all: Jesus says if you act like that you are NO DIFFERENT than the non-believers :eek:.

This is an excellent thread. Thank you for reminding us to pray for our Muslim brothers and sisters.

Sincerely,

Maria1212

I think you can still love someone and racial profile which is a form of discrimination. I would like to hear more about Muslims working with the FBI and Home Land security to uncover terrorist cells. Right now we are in a religious war which means it is necessary to discriminate. Knowing who you enemy is doesn’t mean you don’t love them.

Discriminate? In what sense? :confused:

Discriminating in the sense of you discriminate between who is likely to be a potential threat and who is not.

On an unrelated note can I ask why, as a Catholic you have chosen the name of a Chinese folk god? I’m not having a go, just curious.

When we were at war with Japan President Roosevelt discriminated against the Japanese with internment camps. Hopefully it won’t come to that in this war. Today at a minimum we should discriminate against Muslims by bugging or keeping tabs on what is being taught in their mosques and schools as well as searching all of them before they get on a plane. This is safe discrimination for the common good in a time of war.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.