Low on finances...anniversary ideas?

We are celebrating our 4th anniversary in less than a month. We have like no play money right now. What are some ways we could make this day special?

Oh and our anniversary falls during lent this year. :o

Happy Anniversary!!! I remember you saying you guys like video games which is cool in my book since I am the gam3rchic LOL ;):stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe have a date/game night with a special dinner of some sort and rent a new video game to try together? I remember we had free game rentals for while and it was always so much fun to go and pick out a game together and spend the evening trying it out with some good food to go along with it.

[quote="gam3rchic, post:2, topic:183836"]
Happy Anniversary!!! I remember you saying you guys like video games which is cool in my book since I am the gam3rchic LOL ;):p

Maybe have a date/game night with a special dinner of some sort and rent a new video game to try together? I remember we had free game rentals for while and it was always so much fun to go and pick out a game together and spend the evening trying it out with some good food to go along with it.

[/quote]

Okay, first of all this is LOL! Do you know how long it took me to realize that the 3 in your name was really supposed to be an "E"? :o I kept thinking what on earth is gam 3 r chick? :o

That sounds like a fun night. We do love our video games. We are two nerds in a pod. :p :D

Where did you go for your honeymoon? Did you have something to eat that you both still talk about? Try to make that for dinner before you delve into your new game adventure. :D

~Liza

We never have any money to splurge on anniversary gifts. We usually look at the list of "Traditional" gifts (which start out cheap with paper for the 1st) and try to come up with a creative gift.

For example, on our 7th anniversary (wool/copper), I knit my husband a pair of wool socks, and he gave me a new penny and said "Penny for your thoughts," and promised to listen to me whenever I needed to talk forever after.

The 4th anniversary is fruit or flowers, btw.

hahaha, yeah i know a lot of people don’t know about l33t speak and don’t know the 3 is an “e” in nerd terms. Hubby and I are def 2 nerds in a pod as well. :smiley:

[quote="Sparki777, post:5, topic:183836"]
and he gave me a new penny and said "Penny for your thoughts," and promised to listen to me whenever I needed to talk forever after.

[/quote]

Aww! :love: You have a keeper there! :D

[quote="gam3rchic, post:6, topic:183836"]
hahaha, yeah i know a lot of people don't know about l33t speak and don't know the 3 is an "e" in nerd terms. Hubby and I are def 2 nerds in a pod as well. :D

[/quote]

Yeah...it's funny. I've always been kind of nerd like, but did "nerdy things" more in my spare private time. But didn't "let it all hang out" until I met my DH. Finally someone I could hang out with, be my nerdy self, and not have to feel totally :blush: about it. :p I'm a full blown nerd now and I don't care what anyone thinks of it. But I still got a lot to learn...like the whole 3=E thing. :o

One thing my husband gave me that was kind of cool was a roll of gold dollars that added up to $25.00. You can get them from the US Mint and maybe banks also. Spending regular money is not that exciting, but having these gold dollars seems special for some reason. This was not an anniversary present though.

*God Bless you for loving your husband so much!

Your wedding vows have nothing to with money!

*They have everything to do with Agape, total self-giving Love, as our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ modeled for us.

Tell your husband you love him, you need him & you are so proud of him. (We men are an awful lot like little puppy dogs, you rub our backs & we respond, you yell at us & we cower in the corner!)

Do something for him that you would not ordinarily do.

*Make passionate love to him unexpectedly, no expense & infinite return!!!

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

mark

[quote="Sparki777, post:5, topic:183836"]
We never have any money to splurge on anniversary gifts. We usually look at the list of "Traditional" gifts (which start out cheap with paper for the 1st) and try to come up with a creative gift.

For example, on our 7th anniversary (wool/copper), I knit my husband a pair of wool socks, and he gave me a new penny and said "Penny for your thoughts," and promised to listen to me whenever I needed to talk forever after.

The 4th anniversary is fruit or flowers, btw.

[/quote]

I love this! I am going to have to remember this if I get married...:thumbsup:

closed #12

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.