Low on money and may not be able to work for a while

i’m a college student living away from home, the semester hasn’t even started yet and i am already low on money. financial aid isn’t being as helpful this year as it was last year because my expected contribution is 10x higher than last year (though the opposite is actually true). Because of that i may not be allowed to work on campus… and i don’t have the time for an off-campus job. i dont find out until monday whether or not i can work on campus, and i am really worried that money is going to be an issue for me this upcoming year:(

The words of Christ are thus: “In this world you will have trouble. But, take heart, I have overcome this world”. No more comforting words were ever spoken. Allow the Lord God, who gave you life and knows your every need, to care for you and provide for you. Seek the time for an off campus job if need be, and it will be provided. “Do not worry. Who, by worrying, can add even one cubit to his life span? Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, as tomorrow will worry for itself. Today has enough trouble of its own”

Merciful Lord, You have cared for EmJovial since before birth. Look with great compassion upon this student, and beloved child of Yours, providing all that is needed. Your promises are trustworthy Lord, and never fail. Grant that EmJovial’s anxiety is carried away in the arms of our ever loving Lord Jesus Christ. Grant that all faith and trust be placed in You at this time of concern. Graciously reveal Your Goodness to this fellow Christian, removing the sorrow of anxiety. We ask this through Christ, our Lord, Who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, One God for ever and ever. Amen! Alleluia!

Have your parents give you a credit card to use, or a phone card. Expenses in college amount to books, tuition and room and board. A part-time job doesn’t pay for these things, but gives a cushion for spending money. A college loan, or, parents, or a scholarship pay for these main expenses. A part-time job either in your department or in food service is usual, and not as demanding, as the friends you meet who may want to party may be, or those who talk about matters better left to themselves. You’ll be okay. None of it will matter someday, but that you remained true to your Faith. If you have to skip a year, to work, that would be okay too because you have a goal and God on your side.

***+JMJTJ+

Your intentions will be in my prayers.***

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee, blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Trust in the Lord your God to provide all goodness for you, for you are His child, and in Him, all things are possible. Remove out of the way, the mountain of worry, so that you can clearly grow in faith and receive all the blessings He has prepared for you. God bless you.

You have my prayers!!

Being broke is the one thing I hate more than anything else in the world - I know exactly how you feel! :gopray2:

Praying for you in your difficult situation.

Lord,
We do not need money to love you, but this world we live in makes it necessary that we have money. Please help EmJovial financially able to continue with education. Though, keep this inquiring, growing mind strong regardless of how Your Will is shown.

Please help all those who must survive with no money in this world. Also, help us all realize that since all things are possible with You, that it may not be money that we need to succeed in this world.

Please bless all students, especially EmJovial, to be attentive at school and to retain all information necessary to not only pass classes, but to allow them to effectively use it in the future. May everything they learn be in some way used to bring about Your will in their lives.

Thanks Father!
Amen, Amen!
+

Lord please help EmJovial with sufficient funds to continue College studies and to live in a reasonable manner without undue stress. Please bless EmJovial’s studies and future career. Please keep EmJovial close to You always.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

closed #11

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.