Loyal to the Magisterium

Am I in the right place to promote my blog? am I even allowed to do so? :blush:

I have a new blog up called ''Loyal to the Magisterium''
( www.loyaltothemagisterium.wordpress.com )

I am beginner at writing and blogging, and not very internet wise. My blog does not look religious because I'm not able to know how to put up a religous header so have to use the header the site gives and work with that. If anyone has any suggestions as to how I could make it better please by all means let me know.

Thank you for taking the time out to have a look at it. Again I'm sorry if this is the wrong place and if I have broken any house rules. :blush:

Congrats Stephen on your new blog! Your first 3 posts look really good. Hang in there and learn as you go. Readership builds slowly, but persistence and good content are most important.

Great title, BTW.

[quote="lutherlic, post:2, topic:218165"]
Congrats Stephen on your new blog! Your first 3 posts look really good. Hang in there and learn as you go. Readership builds slowly, but persistence and good content are most important.

Great title, BTW.

[/quote]

Lutherlic, many thanks for your kind and sincere encouragment. I am wondering as to how to get more traffic flow on the blog. I put it up and open for all search engines to see, but it does not seem to come up on google and all no matter what kind of relevant words I use. Its knowing how to make a good religous header for the top of the blog thats the problem. I will just have to make do with what I have so far I suppose.

thanks again :blush:

Pax
Stephen

Stephen, I'm not much on reading blogs, however if you want to promote your blog you may want to consider putting a link to it in your signature file here. That way every time you post you will have a small advertisement for it.

[quote="Dale_M, post:4, topic:218165"]
Stephen, I'm not much on reading blogs, however if you want to promote your blog you may want to consider putting a link to it in your signature file here. That way every time you post you will have a small advertisement for it.

[/quote]

thank you dale, I'll get on it right away. I'm actually more of a blog poster than reader myself too which is strange. Its rare I'd read another blog depending on the content. :shrug::D

Dale, I have not got a clue how to find the option in which I put it into my signature, do you think you could perhaps help me do this?:blush:

The offerings to us here are rich, but sometime they are a bit hard to figure out how to use.

Near the top of this page is a menu bar. It says:
* Home

* Search

* Groups

* Members

Go to the Profile menu, then choose:

Control Panel > Edit Signature

(after you enter it, don't forge to save it!)

[quote="Stephentlig, post:3, topic:218165"]
Lutherlic, many thanks for your kind and sincere encouragment. I am wondering as to how to get more traffic flow on the blog. I put it up and open for all search engines to see, but it does not seem to come up on google and all no matter what kind of relevant words I use. Its knowing how to make a good religous header for the top of the blog thats the problem. I will just have to make do with what I have so far I suppose.

thanks again :blush:

Pax
Stephen

[/quote]

Patience! Your first post was dated only 3 days ago!!! It will take much longer than that.

The more you write, the more likely you will match queries. Also, search engines give some weight to the titles of pages and URLs. Again, the more you write the more likely a match. Finally, the more people who link to you and subscribe the better. That also takes time.

[quote="lutherlic, post:8, topic:218165"]
Patience! Your first post was dated only 3 days ago!!! It will take much longer than that.

The more you write, the more likely you will match queries. Also, search engines give some weight to the titles of pages and URLs. Again, the more you write the more likely a match. Finally, the more people who link to you and subscribe the better. That also takes time.

[/quote]

Dale thank you for your reply, I have since been able to post it.

Lutherlic, please pray that God will grant me patience and again thank you for your replies they have been a great help. :D

Ok so I figured out how to change the header. my mind is completely confused though as to how to add things at the top of the page. for example. at the top just below the header you have ''Home'' and ''about'' can I not make more links across the page? like ''home, about, gallery, blah, hurrah, yah yah, etc?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.