Lucifer's Fall

JMJ
What is the reason for Lucifer’s fall----was it before the creation of man?----and how did we obtain this knowledge, or theory?

Yours in Jesus Christ.

Harold

I believe that it was after the creation of man. i think it was over one of two reasons. one he thought it was a mistake to create man he just wanted the earth animals or what ever. or two it was out of jealousy. or maybe both. Who knows… The church doesn’t seem to want to talk about satan or hell. you know with all the “new age” hippie we all go to heaven way of thinking that seems so popular these days.

Theologians have speculated that God showed his angels a “pre-vision” of the Incarnation and that the idea so offended Lucifer’s pride that he rebelled against God.

As for when it took place, I do not know. It may have been after the creation of man, but if so it must have been very soon after since Lucifer had definitely fallen by the time he tempted Adam and Eve in the Garden.

Read C. S. Lewis’s The Screwtape Letters and it will become clear.

I think it was not after the creation of man. Remember they are outside TIME, hence they are outside space and time in our existing world. God showed His DIVINE PLAN as a reflection of His Goodness to the angels, and this plan involved creating Mary who would be the Mother of his Son , and also she would be the Queen of Angels and Saints.That is what caused Lucifer’s downfall. He will not accept this Plan of God because it meant being subordinate to Mary as his Queen, because for him, why would a woman be placed above a spiritual being like him, the most perfect angel of God? His pride led him to hate this PLAN of God and say to God “No, I will not serve You!”

• Take note that in this PLAN of God, Mary and Jesus would still be born whether original sin would occur or not

[quote=Harold A. Dupre]JMJ
What is the reason for Lucifer’s fall----was it before the creation of man?----and how did we obtain this knowledge, or theory?

Yours in Jesus Christ.

Harold
[/quote]

He thought he was better than God, " I will not serve" (disobedience)

I always thought that it was because Satan wanted to be like God… in that he was selfish, as shown in Isaiah 14:12-17…

"How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, who didst rise in the morning? how art thou fallen to the earth, that didst wound the nations?

And thou saidst in thy heart: I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God, I will sit in the mountain of the covenant, in the sides of the north.

I will ascend above the height of the clouds, I will be like the most High.

But yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, into the depth of the pit.

They that shall see thee, shall turn toward thee, and behold thee. Is this the man that troubled the earth, that shook kingdoms,

That made the world a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof, that opened not the prison to his prisoners?"

[left]As the bible crosses between all time, from past, present, and future, I also believe that Paul was inspired when he wrote about the battle of St. Michael and Satan (Revelations 12:7-9).

As to when, I wouldn’t know. It seems to be all speculation from there.[/left]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.