Lucille Ball: Celebrating Her 100th Birthday

Yesterday would have been Lucille Ball's 100th Birthday.

foxnews.com/slideshow/entertainment/2011/08/05/lucille-ball-celebrating-her-100th-birthday/#slide=1

I Love Lucy remains one of my favorite shows.

Among my favorite scenes are:

When Lucy finally tells Ricky she's preg....ahem, expecting. The end of the scene both get so emotional, it's so touching.

When Lucy misses the ship to Europe.

Cousin Ernie, the house guest who won't leave. He's a good ole southern boy, whose mama told him to come back to Tennessee if he came across a "Wicked City Woman" so of course, Lucy disguises herself as a wicked city woman to get Ernie to leave. Ernie, on the other hand ends up actually* liking* the wicked city woman.

Another scene I love is the rivalry between Lucy and Carolyn, over whose baby is cuter.

Lucy: Oh Stevie is really shooting up....when do you think he'll reach normal size?

Carolyn: He's exactly the same size he's supposed to be, you wouldn't know that with little fattie there.

Any other fans? What are your favorite Lucy moments?

Just me? No one else?

Well, I love Lucy and we watch her shows over and over. Remember the one when Lucy fakes all sorts of psychological disorders because she's been frustrated in her desire to be a big movie star?
I also like all of the ones involving the Hollywood trip; stealing John Wayne's footprints, for instance.
Good, clean comedy. Real talent with nothing foul to ruin it all.

TCM ran a marathon of her movies on Saturday. She is known for her comic genius, but she was aslo a very fine dramatic actress, and could sing and dance.

[quote="Mary_Gail_36, post:1, topic:251297"]
Yesterday would have been Lucille Ball's 100th Birthday.

foxnews.com/slideshow/entertainment/2011/08/05/lucille-ball-celebrating-her-100th-birthday/#slide=1

I Love Lucy remains one of my favorite shows.

Among my favorite scenes are:

When Lucy finally tells Ricky she's preg....ahem, expecting. The end of the scene both get so emotional, it's so touching.

When Lucy misses the ship to Europe.

Cousin Ernie, the house guest who won't leave. He's a good ole southern boy, whose mama told him to come back to Tennessee if he came across a "Wicked City Woman" so of course, Lucy disguises herself as a wicked city woman to get Ernie to leave. Ernie, on the other hand ends up actually* liking* the wicked city woman.

Another scene I love is the rivalry between Lucy and Carolyn, over whose baby is cuter.

Lucy: Oh Stevie is really shooting up....when do you think he'll reach normal size?

Carolyn: He's exactly the same size he's supposed to be, you wouldn't know that with little fattie there.

Any other fans? What are your favorite Lucy moments?

[/quote]

I love all of those too! I also love when Lucy goes into have the baby and Ricky shows up at the hospital still dressed up from his show!

It was a great show! So very funny!

[quote="happymommy, post:5, topic:251297"]
I love all of those too! I also love when Lucy goes into have the baby and Ricky shows up at the hospital still dressed up from his show!

It was a great show! So very funny!

[/quote]

That episode is funny, but isn't odd to watch it now? especially the scene where they get to the hospital, and they have to say goodbye in the lobby because, "Fathers are not allowed." I couldn't imagine leaving DH down in the lobby when the babies were born.

[quote="Mary_Gail_36, post:6, topic:251297"]
That episode is funny, but isn't odd to watch it now? especially the scene where they get to the hospital, and they have to say goodbye in the lobby because, "Fathers are not allowed." I couldn't imagine leaving DH down in the lobby when the babies were born.

[/quote]

I know! So not an option here! There is no way I'd go through that without him. He helped get the kid in there, he can help get it out:D
My FIL said how upset he was because he wanted to be there when their babies were born, but wasn't allowed.

"Lu-CY-Y-Y-Y!!!! You got some 'splainin' to do!"

:D

I Love Lucy and have all the episodes on DVD. So many are my favorites including:
The Freezer
The Chocolate Factory episode
The California one with William Holden and the fake nose going on fire
I love the John Wayne footprint ones (there were 2)
The Grape Vineyard one in Italy - a riot when she was fighting with the woman while running on the grapes.
The one in CT with the building of the barbeque in the middle of the night with Ethel.

So many more....she was not only a beautiful woman but so funny - one of a kind.

I Love Lucy.

maryann

The freezer- is that the one were the girls buy all the meat and try to hide it and Lucy gets locked in the freezer and the meat gets put in the furnace? HA!!!

One of my favorites is when they go to Florida...and go fishing....they make a bet who can catch the biggest fish....Ricky falls overboard and as he's being pulled back in Ethel asks..."Are you wet?" in a very innocent voice...Ricky's eyes buldge...Ethel gets a look of shock....I always laugh....Lucy of course wins the bet...she caught Ricky who had the biggest fish.

The chocolate factory
Vitameatavegimin (however you spell it).

I also like the movie "The Long, Long Trailer." Pretty funny!

The show is a classic, always will be as far as I’m concerned! :slight_smile:

Yes! The scene trying to get up that steep mountain road with all those souvenir rocks in the trailer was classic

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.