Luke 1:6

[quote=THEOPHILUS†]“the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control” ( Galatians 5:22-23 )
[/quote]

Are those the fruits by which God will judge us by then? Do you have any verse to back up your claim that we will be judged by these only?

[quote=Milliardo]Why would God then judge us by what we did (works) if He does not need to see our works?
[/quote]

Because Satan will be there, and he wants to know how God justifies a sinner like me. I remind you: Satan cannot read your heart, so he doesn’t know whether you really believed or not. So God shows him and all other people there that you have the fruits of the Spirit. Do you remember when you can get the seal of the Spirit? :slight_smile:

THEOPHILUS†

[quote=THEOPHILUS†]Because Satan will be there, and he wants to know how God justifies a sinner like me. I remind you: Satan cannot read your heart, so he doesn’t know whether you really believed or not. So God shows him and all other people there that you have the fruits of the Spirit.
[/quote]

Where in the Bible does it say these things? Do you have a chapter and verse for this one? Do you know any of the Judgment scenes if this is even implied to?

[quote=Milliardo]Are those the fruits by which God will judge us by then? Do you have any verse to back up your claim that we will be judged by these only?
[/quote]

What do you need more than love as a fruit? God says:

“Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.” ( Romans 13:10 )

“For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the statement, “YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.”” ( Galatians 5:14 )

Dear Milliardo, what do you think you need more than FULFILLING the WHOLE Law?

THEOPHILUS†

[quote=THEOPHILUS†]What do you need more than love as a fruit? God says:

“Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.” ( Romans 13:10 )

“For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the statement, “YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.”” ( Galatians 5:14 )

Dear Milliardo, what do you think you need more than FULFILLING the WHOLE Law?

THEOPHILUS†
[/quote]

Fulfillment does not mean that we do not need to keep the Ten Commandments. Jesus did not come to destroy the Law, He came to fulfill it. There is a difference. :slight_smile:

[quote=Milliardo]Where in the Bible does it say these things? Do you have a chapter and verse for this one? Do you know any of the Judgment scenes if this is even implied to?
[/quote]

““THAT YOU MAY BE JUSTIFIED IN YOUR WORDS,
AND PREVAIL WHEN YOU ARE JUDGED.”” ( Romans 3:4 )

“This was to demonstrate His righteousness, because in the forbearance of God He passed over the sins previously committed;
for the demonstration, I say, of His righteousness at the present time, so that He would be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.” ( Romans 3:25-26 )

Why does God need to be just? What is the problem if He justifies the one who has faith in Jesus?

:slight_smile:

THEOPHILUS†

[quote=Semper Fi]Fulfillment does not mean that we do not need to keep the Ten Commandments. Jesus did not come to destroy the Law, He came to fulfill it. There is a difference. :slight_smile:
[/quote]

And we saw that love doesn’t destroy the Law, but fulfills it. This love is the fruit of the Spirit :slight_smile:

THEOPHILUS†

[quote=THEOPHILUS†]Yaqubos†
[/quote]

Love also doesn’t circumvent your suspension from a Christian forum whose rules you have agreed to obey. :mad:

Saying love fullfills the law doesn’t mean all you have to do is love everyone and then you’re saved. Love fulfills the law because every infraction against the law is also an infraction against love. In other words, if you just commit yourself to loving one another, you’re not going to go breaking the law because to do so would be to do harm to people you love.

Also, the idea that we are judged by works to justify to others why we are being judged that way is so removed from the text that it’s ridiculous. We can’t go playing around with God’s word that way. God says that He personally will judge us by our works. By every rule of exegesis, grammar, and common sense, this does not in any way even imply that this is only an outward judgement for the benefit of others. Saying that reads SO much into the text I don’t even know where to start.

[quote=Lazerlike42]Also, the idea that we are judged by works to justify to others why we are being judged that way is so removed from the text that it’s ridiculous. We can’t go playing around with God’s word that way. God says that He personally will judge us by our works. By every rule of exegesis, grammar, and common sense, this does not in any way even imply that this is only an outward judgement for the benefit of others. Saying that reads SO much into the text I don’t even know where to start.
[/quote]

Exactly why I asked him where he got his idea from, because in no Judgment scene do I even read that what he implies is there in any way, either implicitly or explicitly.

[quote=THEOPHILUS†]Dear Milliardo, what do you think you need more than FULFILLING the WHOLE Law?
[/quote]

Does not obedience to God the fulfillment of the whole Law? Or to make it clearer, does not obedience done in love the whole fulfillment of the Law? So then again, how do we go about fulfilling it than to do something?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.